Administrative Assistant II, Delaware Behavioral and Emotional Support Team Program
Job no: 496839
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under general supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant II provides a range of clerical and administrative support for the Delaware Behavioral and Emotional Support Team Program.
This position is grant funded and located within the UD School of Nursing.
- Assist with coordination, logistics and tracking of trainings, workshops, meetings, bi-annual appreciation meetings, deployments, special events, and community outreach.
- Update volunteer profiles and management software (online tracking and communication systems, including SERVDE).
- Coordinate schedules and maintain records of all program and staff activities.
- Attend program meetings, events, trainings, deployments, and other program activities.
- Record data and create reports on program activities, including meeting minutes and summaries of program, staff, and volunteer activities.
- Execute inter- and intra- program communications using email, text, phone, SERVDE (Volunteer management data base), and volunteer management software program.
- Create newsletter and/or social media content.
- Coordinate and order promotional/marketing supplies; monitor and order office supplies.
- Assist with coordination of volunteers and program.
- Perform other related duties and/or assist with special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with two to three years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in office operations which includes operating office machines, handling incoming and outgoing mail, postal and shipping services, answering phones, directing calls and taking messages; file maintenance; maintaining and updating supplies.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, Google docs/sheets, volunteer data management, website management (WordPress), media/social media communications. Experience in data collection which includes collecting, compiling, and maintaining data from multiple sources such as files, records, databases, customers, staff, or others.
- Ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability work independently and collaboratively.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and possess the ability to analyze and solve problems in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent oral, written and customer service skills, and the ability to interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize work requirements and handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Experience in an academic environment preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend