Sr HRIS Analyst, Human Resources
Job no: 494764
Work type: Staff
Categories: Human Resources, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30S
Context of the job:
Under limited direction of the Manager, the Sr. HRIS Analyst provides functional and technical guidance for the PeopleSoft HCM modules, Web Forms, Web Views and any additional systems which will impact the HR/Payroll Offices which the entire University community relies on for HR Data, pay, benefits and employee time collection. The Sr HRIS Analyst supports the technical needs of all HR systems, acting as a liaison between end users and technical resources to resolve daily production issues, create reports, develop enhancements and implement new systems. Ensures the integrity of the data and is responsible for automating and enhancing business processes to make Human Resources more efficient and effective.
The Sr. HRIS Analyst must develop and maintain strong professional relationships with all HR user groups, with Information Technology departments and with the greater University community. These strong relationships allow the Sr. HRIS Analyst the resources to resolve production issues, create reports, develop enhancements and implement new systems for the entire University community. Additionally the Sr. HRIS Analyst position provides training and process documentation as required.
- In collaboration with users evaluates the functional work requirements and recommends solutions for automating and enhancing business processes. Challenges current practices and where appropriate, proposes more efficient and effective alternatives.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems in PeopleSoft HCM, Web Forms, Web Views.
- Understands the impact of, anticipates, plans, creates test scenarios and troubleshoots issues resulting from enhancements, configuration changes or system fixes.
- Develops written technical requirements for the Informational Technology staff when implementing a new system, enhancing an existing system, creating reports or addressing production issues.
- Collaborate with application programmers and database administrators on a daily basis to develop or enhance systems and to troubleshoot production problems.
- Tests new systems, enhancements and production fixes by developing test cases that mirror the functional work or writing ad hoc queries which requires a thorough understanding of the functional process and data.
- Communicates with IT staff the results of the testing and determines if further programming is needed.
- Verifies that all programming changes for new systems, enhancements, reports or fixes are placed into production and work appropriately in that environment.
- Keeps the department apprised of the enhancements and fixes that impact their area.
- Creates documentation and trains the functional users on features and/or changes.
- Prioritizes the enhancements and fixes that are needed for a particular problem. This is crucial when there is a shortage of time and resources.
- Prioritizes all tasks and assignments that are required when implementing a new system, creating enhancements for an existing system and a large volume of production fixes.
- Collaborates with other University project teams, e.g., financials and student administration, to ensure that data integrity and timeliness needs are met and that system interfaces are properly specified and tested.
- Develops and enhances reports to verify the accuracy and integrity of all system data and to support information needs of the Payroll staff and other University end users.
- Develops and maintains written documentation of all Payroll systems, applications and web projects including modifications, enhancements, problems, interfaces, data dictionary maintenance, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Functional and technical HRMS experience, preferably with PeopleSoft HCM version 8+ and related products preferred.
- Functional and technical experience in a time and attendance system preferred.
- Proficiency with report writing, data analysis, querying, and other reporting tools, e.g., SQL/SQR, Crystal, Excel, Access.
- Broad knowledge of applications and equipment, as well as proficiency in the application of systems design and analysis methods, procedures and standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as experience in developing and conducting training for end users.
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support.
- Extensive knowledge of all HR functions as well as extensive knowledge of HRIS applications and software.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to manage requirements and work with a team of functional and technical staff.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and quality conscious.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Proven ability to offer technical solutions and designs to solve business problems.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend