Contract Analyst-Procurement- Strategic Budget & Finance
Job no: 500021
College / VP Area: Strategic Budget & Finance
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Within University Finance, Procurement Services is responsible for the purchasing of and payment for all the University’s goods and services needed to execute its mission. In addition to traditional purchasing activities, Procurement Services is responsible for processing and execution all non-payroll disbursements. Procurement Services also manages the University’s procurement card program. Annual expenditures processed and executed by Procurement Services total approximately $750 million. Major functional units within Procurement include Purchasing, Accounts Payable (AP) and Supplier Data.
Procurement Services is responsible for managing the procurement and contract process on a university-wide basis, including purchasing contracts and any other legal agreements associated with the acquisition of goods and services that support the University's educational, research, and business initiatives. The Contract Analyst is under the general direction of the Associate Director of Procurement Services and is responsible for independently managing procurement contracts for goods and services.
The Contract Analyst is responsible for negotiation, coordination, monitoring and administration of all contracts to procure necessary goods and services in support of the University. This position demonstrates initiative, extensive use of professional judgment and ensures contracts are in alignment with the University of Delaware’s business requirements and objectives, as well as best practices in procurement. The Contract Analyst is the central point of contact for suppliers and stakeholders for the contract areas that position manages.
- Prepares, reviews, and negotiates contracts, including university-wide and department contracts for a variety of commodities and types of purchases while ensuring the University is securing the best value
- Assists the procurement team with identifying opportunities for new contracts and participates in supplier meetings
- Provides guidance to the procurement team on contracting best practices for the University’s acquisition of products and services
- Supports formal sourcing initiatives (RFP/RFQ/RFIs), evaluates proposals and negotiate, award, administer and close out contracts as appropriate
- Manages the end-to-end contract life cycle including initiation, authoring, workflow, negotiation and approval, execution, ongoing management an compliance, and contract renewal
- Acts as a point of contact for all formal and legal correspondence relating to contracts
- Works closely with University Office of General Counsel, Risk Management, IT and other departments as required ensuring that terms and conditions are compliant with policies and procedures and best business practices
- Provides and maintains a list of all contracted vendors that can be utilized university-wide or by individual departments to procure goods and services, including, but not limited to RFP contracts, sole/single source contracts, state contracts and group purchasing agreements.
- Evaluates and recommends extensions and re-bidding of contracts
- Manages the dispute resolution process for contracts; coordinates with internal stakeholders as needed
- Represent Procurement Services on cross-functional initiatives through working groups, committees and team collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of directly related experience in contracts with preferred knowledge of related procurement processes, tools/systems, policies, and best practices.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills of the highest quality and effectiveness.
- Strong interpersonal skills underscored with courteousness, tactfulness, and professionalism.
- Good customer relations with both internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement and discretion in handling difficult, complex issues.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capability that produces accurate, detail-oriented work in a timely manger to meet stringent deadlines.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills: can speak across various forums and communicate to broad, diverse audiences and comfortable interacting with senior level management.
- Effective, strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic environment, often needing to adjust mid-stream.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working with automated contract systems, preferably Jaggaer.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend