Assistant Director, Graphic Design
Job no: 499686
College / VP Area: Athletics & Recreation Svcs
Work type: Staff
Categories: Communications & Public Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 29E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Assistant Director, Graphic Design/Assistant Art Director within The Department of Athletics and Community & Campus Recreation (DACCR) at the University of Delaware is a valued member upholding and embracing the departmental mission of “Achieving Excellence Together.”
Under general direction of the Art Director, this individual is responsible for creating and assisting in the creation of print and digital promotional materials for athletic teams and areas within DACCR such as ticket sales and service, event presentation, event management, development and communications. This individual creates inspiring, innovative visuals that must balance the needs of all DACCR audiences and will collaborate with the External Relations team to set direction on annual creative themes to carry across all departmental and multimedia assets.
Materials developed should highlight a compelling and holistic view of Delaware student-athletes while representing the University brand appropriately, maintaining UD production standards, style and requirements, including publication, web, video, vehicle and environmental in conformance with UD Brand Style Guide and in partnership with the Office of Communications and Marketing.
All members of the External Relations team commit to exemplifying the values of DACCR. The External Relations team prioritizes collaboration and communication in order to achieve the highest levels of both efficiency and effectiveness
Ticket Sales Marketing Materials
- Create internal and external web site and social media advertisements to promote season, individual game and group sales Delaware’s ticketed sports.
- Design hard-copy collateral to supplement group and season sales initiatives.
- Create ads, including digital, print and outdoor, for external usage that market events and support department branding.
- Develop, maintain, and manage official UD football and basketball game day programs, and annual department wide publications, working alongside the Art Director with internal and external entities to compile, update and create fresh editorial content and art.
Athletic Team Collateral
- Conceptualize and generate marketing promotion materials for each of the 21 athletic teams, following a unified concept across the teams and across all items.
- Assist in creation and implementation of all templates, graphics and promotional ads for use on athletics social media pages, website and electronic correspondence.
- Support the Art Director to create a consistent branded representation across our communication channels.
Additional Athletic Department Support
- Fulfill requests from departments within athletics, such as Human Resources, Development, athletic teams, etc.
- Plans and executes various in-house event logos.
- In partnership with the Director, Graphic Design ensure consistent and appropriate logo usage and branding implementation across the department.
- Oversee department correspondence material branding and production, including managing relationships with vendors.
- Support event management functions by providing templates for credentials, parking passes, event staff guides.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, art or related field and three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Graphic design experience within the sports industry.
- Knowledge of the current techniques and materials involved in various reproduction processes.
- Working knowledge of the equipment and materials used in graphic illustration.
- Knowledge of current graphics applications- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, as well as MS Office.
- Knowledge of the principles of artistic design, the use of color, and typography.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative ways to solve a problem.
- Ability to design, lay out and complete finished artwork utilizing a variety of graphics software.
- Ability to prepare materials for reproduction and communicate clearly with printers and production vendors.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a productive manner.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations where required.
- Knowledge of current and new technologies to assist in offering design and graphic direction as well as knowledge of procurement, copyright and other relevant business policies and procedures.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, and able to integrate it into projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and at times under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of constituents and possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of After Effects and Adobe Premier Pro video software programs preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
- Schedule flexibility – willing to work nights and some weekends as scheduled.
- Hybrid work schedule
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend