Sr Accountant, Treasury Services
Job no: 496984
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30E
Context of Job:
Under the general direction of the Director, Treasury Operations with functional direction provided by the Manager, Treasury Services, the Senior Accountant position is responsible for monitoring and reducing Accounts Receivable balances by improving and maintaining efficient receivables management processes and supporting departmental collection practices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparation, analysis, review, reporting and collection of Accounts Receivable activity. This position will also be responsible for the monthly reconciliation of selected University bank accounts and other related clearing accounts.
- Review and approval of non-student invoicing.
- Regular review and analysis of past due receivables, providing recommendations for resolution or collections placement.
- Provide monthly reporting to management and departmental users, working with departments across campus to ensure they are monitoring and assessing the collectability of their aged balances.
- Make recommendations to upper management for write-offs of aged accounts to be presented in Board of Trustees Committee materials.
- Liaise with outside Collection agencies for placement of accounts and monitor collection efforts.
- Monthly reconciliation of the AR subledger to the GL, resolving and correcting differences.
- Responsible for training new campus users in the NSB AR system and its processes.
- Develop and maintain AR policy and procedure manual and training materials to ensure accurate and consistent invoicing and effective collection practices.
- Manage all accounts in collections, working with outside collection agencies.
- Develop and monitor Accounts Receivable metrics for management review.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and adjust to changing workloads and deadlines.
- Complete monthly reconciliations for select bank accounts and other associated accounts.
- Assist with processing third party organization invoicing.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related discipline with a minimum of three years of job-related experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and reconciliation skills.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized general ledger systems, PeopleSoft Financials is preferred.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Proven ability to evaluate and recommend improvements to existing business processes.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend