Academic Support Coordinator, Behavioral Health & Nutrition
Job no: 496884
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the limited supervision of the Business Administrator and Academic Advisor II, the Academic Support Coordinator supports the day-to-day operation and advising mission of the Department of Behavioral Health & Nutrition. The major emphasis of this position is coordinating, compiling and disseminating a variety of student and program related information. This role coordinates, organizes and executes the social media activities of the unit. The Academic Support Coordinator performs advanced tasks that require the ability to prioritize, exercise initiative and to think critically in order to solve problems as they arise. This person must have strong customer service/interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with diverse, multi-generational constituencies within the University and the broader community.
- Oversee daily administrative operations for BHAN undergraduate programs, the DPD program and the Center for Health and Wellness Innovation, assisting program directors with the operation and management of their programs.
- Coordinate student and departmental honors awards program, including working with program directors to identify awardees, process financial payment forms, provide award information to CHS, and maintain the awards database.
- Create, update and maintain reports as required for departmental administrative functions; including senior checkout and graduation certification. Utilize COGNOS and other sources for compiling and maintaining data to be used for operational and strategic planning and enrollment management.
- Evaluate, approve, coordinate and document student requests for Change of Major and Change of Minor.
- Keep track of and complete student Independent Study, Practica and Internships.
- Coordinate events such as Convocation, Decision Days, New Student Orientation and Blue and Gold Saturdays. Provide on-site supervision for events as needed.
- Maintain and update student records and files.
- Develop and maintain principal contacts for the purpose of coordinating administrative details with internal and external constituents related to programs/functions.
- Supervise work-study students, including the selection, training and evaluation of work effort.
- Serve as BHAN transfer student liaison to assist incoming transfer students in understanding the curriculum requirements and how the transfer credits apply to degree requirements. Aid transfer students in navigating the credit re-evaluation process.
- Serve as BHAN's social media coordinator. Maintain and update information disseminated on the department's various social media platforms -- ensure compliant branding and language (OCM) usage; create new content; and review/update existing information.¿ Serve as the BHAN Super User for the Blue Hen Success Collaborative (BHSC). Provide training and support to department faculty/staff using the platform. Troubleshoot and report functionality issues. Distributes communications to BHAN students from advising (Blue Hen Success Collaborative).
- Assign appropriate academic advisor upon admittance to department.
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and updating advising publications and undergraduate information both in print and on the web.
- Create department communication campaign projects directed at prospective students and current students.
- Participate in student recruitment efforts; meet with and provide preliminary program curricular information to prospective students and their guests.
- Meet with students unable to make advising appointment (due to demand). Resolve issues that don't require advisor support (Triage) or schedule w/advisors.¿ Streamline advising processes (paperless, Google forms).
- Adhere to advisement financial budget, develop annual spending plan and allocate ongoing expenses.¿ Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred, and three to five years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with the level of the position.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, balance, and review a variety of projects that must be completed simultaneously and on time.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds and to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in word processing, spreadsheet, database, webpage and presentation software.
- Experience with course registration and scheduling preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend