Assistant Director, Regional
Job no: 496660
Work type: Staff
Categories: Admissions, Full Time
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director is a field based manager for all of the recruitment activities for a major expansion market (Northern Virginia and DC Metro area). These tasks are in addition to the customary duties of an Admissions Officer, which include individual and team related to the enrollment of new undergraduate students.
- Creates and manages a comprehensive recruitment strategy of a major developing market.
- Maintains a regional office in a developing market, location to be reviewed every two years.
- Responsible for building interest and developing relationships with key stakeholders in the region. Provides regional expertise on behalf of all partners of the University.
- Delivers extensive off-campus admissions programs, reviews freshman and transfer applications for undergraduate admission, networks and builds relationship between high school counselors, prospective students, and parents.
- Conducts admissions recruitment travel through college nights/fairs and area receptions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of three years of direct or related experience.
- Experience in developing market recruitment or related field.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual fluency in another language is desirable.
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community required.
- Ability to multi-task, to work independently, and to work as a team member to achieve common goals required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment independently is required.
- Proficient computer skills and use of presentation software.
- Knowledge of CRM, Technolutions Slate is desirable, but not required.
Valid driver's license, reliable access to transportation, and ability to travel and work extended hours, including weekends and evenings.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend