Research Coordinator, Physical Therapy
Job no: 494679
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29E
Context of the Job:
The Physical Activity Lab is focused on the study of free-living behaviors in the home and community environment, how these behaviors benefit health, and ways to increase activity. We are particularly focused on people with knee osteoarthrits and people who have undergone a joint replacement. The goal of the lab is to develop clinically feasible and practical ways to increase physical activity in older adults, in people with arthritis, and people after total joint replacement. Currently funded projects include: (1) a randomized clinical trial investigating the efficacy of a Physical Therapist delivered physical activity intervention to increase physical activity which we call the Physical activity through Walking after knee Replacement from Physical Therapy (POWER-PT) study and (2) the efficacy of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) to improve knee cartilage, pain, physical function, and physical activity in people with knee osteoarthritis. The Research Coordinator will be working full time on these ongoing and future projects. Under general direction, the Research Coordinator will assist with an array of research activities including but not limited to: data collection, subject participation, and research studies as needed.
- Assist with the development, submission, and revision of operating procedure documents needed for clinical studies.
- Obtain/maintain IRB approval, and assist with research team adherence to UD, and federal policies, requirements and regulations.
- Assist with subject recruitment, scheduling and coordinating research visits and conducting routine follow up with research participants.
- Assist with organization, setup and collection of experimental data which include routine, standardized outcomes measurement as well as project specific data collections.
- Assist with and perform other clinical research duties including data entry, data processing and analysis and preparing documents and data for presentation or publication.
- Assist in the development of technical and regulatory manuals of operations.
- Assist with coordination of clinical research studies.
- Maintain strict record keeping, organization and storage of data, including medical and research records while keeping compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Teach and monitor clinical staff as required for compliance to study protocols. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in health related discipline preferred. Research experience (know IRB, etc.).
- Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of computing skills (Google managing systems, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Problem solving skills.
- Familiarity and experience with research design, data collection and computerized systems, and experience with research management and administrative activities highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Human subjects and/or clinical research experience.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend