Communications Assistant, Human Development & Family Science
Job no: 494618
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Communications & Public Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
This is a grant funded position.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Department of Human Development and Family Sciences (HDFS) within the College of Education and Human Development is a diversified Department with undergraduate and graduate programs that require a close working relationship with the State of Delaware, Federal Agencies, local school systems, and numerous Health and Service agencies.
The Department houses the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC), supporting the workforce and programming services for children aged six weeks to twelve years of age in early care and education through the translation of evidence-based practices to community-based settings as well as the generation of new knowledge via applied research. The DIEEC houses grant-funded projects designed to increase the quality of early care and education throughout the state of Delaware. Delaware Stars for Early Success provides technical assistance, financial supports, and professional development supports to family and center-based childcare programs throughout the state. Early Childhood Professional Development manages the Quality Assurance early childhood professional development system and delivers Quality Assured trainings to early care and education providers throughout the state. New Directions Early Head Start provides pregnant women, infants, toddlers, and their families with quality care and family services, including both home-based and center-based services.
Under limited supervision, the Communications Assistant performs a variety of administrative and communication duties for the DIEEC. The Communications Assistant coordinates, oversees, and maintains administrative functions relating to DIEEC projects, develops and maintains associated websites, supports internal and external communications for the DIEEC, and researches and provides technical assistance to support DIEEC staff with use of technology. A high level of independent judgment is required.
- Assists and supports the operation and management of DIEEC projects.
- Performs routine and non-routine administrative duties ensuring confidentiality.
- Updates, creates, maintains website for DIEEC projects, including solving basic code issues.
- Plans, manages, and executes social media calendar. social media campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, for DIEEC projects.
- Assists the Program Manager, Communications to plan, manage, and implement all DIEEC marketing and communication strategies for various audiences.
- Creates brand awareness by ensuring consistent presentation of DIEEC images through digital, print, and social media.
- Produces video content for various platforms.
- Supports internal and external DIEEC communications by:
- Designing and managing email campaigns via Constant Contact
- Creating/designing promotional brochures, flyers, infographics which help communicate operations of DIEEC projects to both staff and the early childhood education community and state partners
- Contributor to the PD and REACH e-newsletter (a monthly publication for Delaware’s early childhood education community) by designing layout and adding visual interest
- Provides technical assistance to DIEEC staff on use of technology
- Assists with monthly reports.
- Researches and supports new technology and software applications.
- Provides technical assistance to DIEEC projects remote access meetings.
- Supports all external functions planned through the DIEEC Communications team
- Assists with procurement needs of unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED, and three years of related experience.
- Intermediate experience and working knowledge of MS Office suite (word processing, spreadsheet and database skills).
- Knowledge of Web design and experience using Drupal and WordPress.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in video editing platforms, such as Wondershare Filmora
- Excellent computer skills and ability to instruct use of iPad and Surface.
- Effective organizational skills, the ability to evaluate and prioritize assignments and the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to use independent thought, judgment, discretion, and self-motivation.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend