Financial Systems Analyst, University Development
Job no: 494519
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Financial Systems Analyst directs and supervises the activity for all cash management in gifts and records administration. This position analyzes processes and develops strategies for improvement/automation to reduce manual effort and time spent on daily operations. In partnership with Systems and Reporting, the BA gathers requirements, assists with design, performs testing, and oversees implementation of solutions.
The incumbent will have analytical problem-solving skills in order to approach data challenges. Excellent communication skills are essential to successfully communicate with technical staff and non-technical users to deliver effective solutions. The incumbent will assess the environment to gain a deep understanding of the as-is business process and principal pain points to develop process improvements using technology-based solutions.
- Functions as primary authority within Development and Alumni Relations on fund account reporting standards for all gifts while partnering with University Finance and University Cashiers.
- Manages account codes, data integrity, and accounting data in the DAR Advancement CRM to ensure alignment with accounts in the UD Financial Systems.
- Oversees all cash management and processing functions and systems.
- Supports the production of data exchanges, maintaining the daily schedule of the core financial data interface.
- Maintains and generates gift and pledge reports for the Executive Vice President, University Finance, and General Accounting to project University receivables.
- Advises and develops related gift recording and valuation policies and documentation.
- Designs and implements computer-based information systems to meet design requirements and specifications for reconciliations. Performs daily, monthly, and annual analysis and systematic reconciliation of the DAR Advancement CRM and UD Financial Systems.
- Advises management on Fund Accounting related issues, recommending and initiating new policies or procedures where appropriate to maintain compliance with tax receipting protocols.
- Oversees auditing process and provides in-depth background knowledge to University Auditors relative to gift records.
- Oversees the testing and correction of programs and systems to ensure they work properly and to determine that systems meet university policies and reconciliation procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Information Systems or other related discipline preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial systems, reporting, administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with ability to understand complex processes with multiple touch points to understand how best to automate and/or re-engineer a process.
- Strong partnership skills; experience working with technology partners to design and develop solutions that meet optimal quality and value.
- Proficiency with advanced techniques in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software. High-level of proficiency in Excel is required.
- Project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, plan, and organize a work process, as well as the ability to analyze and solve problems and make administrative/procedural judgments.
- Experience with software development life cycle.
- In-depth understanding of institutional financial policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting, administrative policies and procedures in a University fundraising setting.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of accounting, cash reconciliation, and internal control protocols.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance, CRM platforms (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.), PeopleSoft.
- Experience working in a database and running reports and queries with SQL.
- Experience with BI data visualization, dashboard and infographic tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, SAS BI, Data Studio, Cognos).
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend