Compensation Analyst/Sr. Compensation Analyst
Job no: 494715
Work type: Staff
Categories: Human Resources, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30E/31E
- Provides compensation administration support. Analyzes compensation data and provides recommendations.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision which are cost effective, consistent with compensation trends and University objectives; assists in implementation.
- Serves as the initial approver within the HR system to facilitate the recruiting process.
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Performs special projects related to classification reviews, salary and benefit surveys. Conducts organizational studies in collaboration with the Manager. Conducts benchmarking studies with peer institutions and local employers to ensure market competitiveness.
- Advises staff and management on policies and procedures regarding salary ranges, promotional and merit increase guidelines, and other human resources related issues.
- Provides support and expertise to departmental staff in the access, retrieval, utilization, and validation of related HRIS data.
- Works with HRIS to ensure that all systems meet compensation needs and are updated according to compensation changes.
- Works closely with Recruitment and hiring managers to assist with staffing needs and compensation guidance.
- Reviews and audits HRIS data to ensure records accuracy of job content, job structures and compensation data.
- Conducts job audits, analyzes and evaluates jobs determining classification level based on content, relevant data, internal equity, and proper FLSA classification.
- Designs, develops and administers compensation-related training and communications programs for managers and employees.
- Researches, writes and maintains accurate job descriptions for exempt, nonexempt and hourly staff positions on an ongoing basis.
- Generates ad-hoc reports and analyzes statistical data.
- Conducts and responds to in-house surveys; participates in the review and position benchmarking for submission to external national salary survey organizations.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure University compliance.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and four years of job related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related discipline preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred; PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation administration, principles, and procedures.
- Experience with executive compensation preferred.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state wage and compensation laws and regulations, including but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act and relevant Federal/State.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Skill in analyzing job content and writing accurate job descriptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Records maintenance skills. HRIS skills preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information. Familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend