Practicum Education Coordinator
Job no: 500786
College / VP Area: College of Educ & Human Dev
Work type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Trainers & Educators
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Practicum Education Coordinator will be expected to provide leadership in the administration of practicum education in the Master of Social Work (MSW) program and ensure its compliance with the standards laid out by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). In collaboration with the practicum liaisons and instructors, the Practicum Education Coordinator will ensure that students obtain appropriate practicum placements, have effective practicum education plans, and receive the optimal practicum experience at their host organizations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that a practicum education manual is developed and implemented as written and will maintain consistent contact with host organizations to ensure successful student placements.
- Develop, implement and periodically review and update the practicum education manual as needed.
- Place students at suitable practicum sites.
- Participation in admissions support and other activities related to supporting MSW students.
- In coordination with practicum education instructors, develop and monitor student practicum education plans.
- Develop partnerships with organizations for practicum placement opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing interactions with practicum education liaisons and instructors in host organizations to ensure successful student placements.
- Develop and implement training programs for practicum liaisons and instructors.
- Receive and review Affiliation Agreements from all agencies hosting UD students.
- Pass all received Affiliation Agreements through the University’s legal and other relevant departments for approval.
- Manage the processes for professional liability insurance in Practicum Education for students and faculty as needed.
- Lead the Practicum Education Committee.
- Serve on relevant departmental committees .
- Collaborate with the MSW Program Director and faculty in developing and implementing mechanisms to assess and evaluate practicum education outcomes.
- Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited social work program.
- Hold license as a Masters-level social worker (LMSW or LCSW).
- Two years of post-MSW practice experience.
- Prior experience working in social work practicum (field) education as a practicum director/ field instructor or liaison, or in a role requiring coordination of student services.
- Ability to establish rapport with key stakeholders and community members.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, attend to details, complete tasks accurately, and work with deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to solve problems and be resourceful.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend