Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Job no: 500063
College / VP Area: Development & Alumni Rel
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Director, Digital Marketing, the Associate Director, Digital Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing multi-channel digital marketing strategies and campaigns that support the university's annual giving and engagement goals.
This position will work as part of a digital team to produce and distribute broad-based and targeted alumni and development communications across multiple channels including email, social media, SMS, web and giving platforms.
- Develop and manage alumni engagement and annual giving digital initiatives to meet DAR goals and priorities, especially related to undergraduate alumni participation.
- Manage Alumni & Friends website and online giving sites.
- Manage end-to-end build and execution of email marketing communications and solicitations in support of reaching donor and dollar goals for annual giving.
- Identify and execute opportunities in email marketing program for audience segmentation, personalization, dynamic content, A/B + multivariate testing, and QA.
- Lead the development of a digital content calendar to ensure DAR content and messaging is consistent, engaging, and aligned with our omnichannel approach to outreach and engagement with alumni and donors.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of DAR’s paid digital advertising strategy across all digital channels, including campaign planning, setup, creative/content development, quality assurance, testing, measurement/reporting, and optimization across a variety of platforms.
- Manage SMS-based text outreach as part of a comprehensive multichannel communications strategy.
- Own DAR’s social media strategy to reach and engage audiences across social channels.
- Generate reports, analyze data and makes meaningful observations and recommendations for DAR’s digital channels.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align digital fundraising efforts with overall fundraising strategies.
- Stay current on best practices and trends in digital fundraising and implement new strategies and tactics as appropriate and ensure DAR is at the forefront of direct marketing innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field and 4 years of experience in digital fundraising, HTML/CSS, email, website and social media marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with CRM tools and marketing automation platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred).
- Experience with Google Analytics and use of UTM and tracking codes for marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision making.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to create compelling content for a variety of digital channels.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend