Quality Assurance Trainer, College of Health Sciences Clinic Administration
Job no: 499864
College / VP Area: College of Health Sciences
Work type: Staff
Categories: Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Clinic Director, the Instructional Designer (Quality Assurance Trainer) plans, develops, and implements training and staff development programs to support the patient service, student and financial goals of the University of Health LLC. This is accomplished through the provision of various methodologies such as classroom training, demonstrations, on the job training, meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Apply learning theory and design principles to create attractive training materials and develop instructional guides and learning objectives for training programs.
- Select instructional strategies appropriate for learning objectives and audience.
- Solicit feedback to modify materials and translate complex concepts and information into materials that facilitate learning.
- Assess and analyze organizational and individual performance needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Serve as content and training SME and/or lead for projects.
- Actively participate and contribute to projects as needed.
- Collaborate with management to develop effective assessments of knowledge skills for new and existing employees and evaluate training transfer after employees are working in the practices, conducting QA audits from training and education. Improve training delivery, services and courses as a result of feedback from trainers, students, managers, etc.
- Develop, deliver and conduct training programs for staff supporting the financial and patient service goals of the University of Delaware Health LLC.
- Maintain learner-centered focus and establishes the need to learn.
- Complete mandatory employee health, workers’ compensation, HR processes and other and tasks in required time frame to ensure compliance with all UD Health rules and regulations.
- Anticipate potential needs and issues of internal and external customers; proactively solicit customer feedback.
- Respond proactively, timely and effectively to internal and external customer needs and requests.
- Identify and present opportunities for change and improvement.
- Comply with all FPI policies and procedures.
- Comply with all confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with others to accomplish group goals
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal customers to accomplish department and UD Health LLC goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Human Resources or Training preferred.
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Courses including ILT on systems and theories preferred.
- Experience developing training materials for NextGen, post-go-live, optimization preferred.
- Experience working with LMS systems preferred.
- Understanding of technical instructional design techniques and technology for instructor-led and online course development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to plan and exercise initiative.
- Skilled at problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply clinic policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Possess a positive attitude regarding the work environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
- Required to sit, use hands, and utilize verbal communication/listening skills.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May be required to travel across campus for meeting /other business purposes.
- This position is unlikely to be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend