Business Intel Analyst
Job no: 499834
College / VP Area: Strategic Budget & Finance
Work type: Staff
Categories: Institutional Research & Planning, Full Time, Strategic Budget & Finance
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general direction of the Assistant Vice President, Decision Support, the Business Intelligence Analyst will support new and existing development under the University’s Central Analytic Platform and Anaplan Platform. The analyst will work in close collaboration within Decision Support and with the broader University community to ensure the platforms meets the needs of the constituents. The Business Intelligence Analyst will participate in the full development life cycle by gathering and documenting requirements, building prototype dashboards and conducting analysis, creating documentation, and working with customers for review and acceptance. The Business Intelligence Analyst will become an expert in the capabilities of the platform and University’s data, providing guidance to the University community to help match questions to the platform’s capabilities. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be a supporting member of the data governance process, evaluating, understanding and documenting business process at all levels across campus, providing unbiased centralized perspective of the distributed data needs of the campus and how they interrelate.
- Design and develop models and dashboards for the University community to support data-informed decisions across campus.
- Work with analysts and senior leaders across the University to help to understand and fulfill the analytic needs using Anaplan, Tableau and the Central Analytic Platform.
- Collaborate with Decision Support Leadership and senior leaders across campus to help understand, build and fulfill statistical & analytic needs.
- Gather business requirements and participate in an agile dashboard development lifecycle.
- Suggest updates to data models to better align with University reporting needs.
- Answer ad hoc analytical questions using Business Intelligence toolset.
- Proactively suggest and design models, dashboards and reports of high value to the University community.
- Review dashboards for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Help curate reports and dashboards, ensuring data products uphold appropriate levels of confidentiality and privacy commensurate with data set.
- Promote and ensure consistency of data and definitions across multiple data domains and reporting contexts within the University.
- Monitor data integrity tests of underlying systems and platform. Suggest new tests to promote trust in the platform and dashboards.
- Prepare and stage ad-hoc or manually maintained data for inclusion into the data warehouse.
- Write and maintain documentation on dashboards, models, business rules and presentation standards.
- Participate in a user’s group for campus.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, statistics, data science, economics, or other related discipline and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience creating and using data dashboards. Experience with Tableau strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of higher education administrative data. Previous higher education experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL. Experience with SQL preferred.
- Strong understanding of data and statistics.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Able to learn independently and work effectively with a wide range of data. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing data systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, define tasks, and follow through is essential, as is the ability to fully document in writing all developmental activity related to information reporting.
- Ability to work independently. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent oral and written skills are critical.
- Must be an effective listener, able to distill complex data and information requirements from a wide range of requesters into responsive data and information products.
- Must be a team player to ensure consistent business rules, look and feel and branding across the Central Analytic Platform
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend