Licensed Practical Nurse, Nurse Managed Primary Care Center
Job no: 499821
College / VP Area: College of Health Sciences
Work type: Staff
Categories: Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The University of Delaware Nurse Managed Primary Care Center (NMPCC) is a growing interdisciplinary primary care practice housed at the University of Delaware's innovative STAR Campus Health Sciences Complex. The Center offers full-service primary care services for individuals aged 13+, including acute illness/disease care, chronic disease management, complete physicals, women's health services, adult immunizations, and sports physicals for adolescents aged 13+.
The Center offers care to the public in the Newark and surrounding communities and UD employees. Uniquely, the Center also offers nutrition counseling, health coaching, and exercise counseling services. The Center offers a comprehensive telemedicine Parkinson's Disease Clinic and completes clearance assessments for individuals interested in participating in various research studies at the University. The NMPCC primary care team is led by Family Nurse Practitioners. The NMPCC serves as a platform for research and education in the University of Delaware College of Health Sciences. Undergraduate and graduate nursing students as well as other students studying healthcare and human services have learning and clinical experiences in the NMPCC. The NMPCC has achieved Practice Transformation and Patient Centered Medical Home Certification and is preparing to launch a new electronic medical record (EMR) system. The NMPCC is one of three clinics at the STAR Campus Health Sciences Complexes; the NMPCC team collaborates with the Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic, University of Delaware Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, and with researchers, faculty, and students from a variety of departments and fields.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) within the University of Delaware Nurse Managed Primary Care Center (NMPCC) is responsible for supporting our clinic NP staff in delivering a high level of care in addition to supporting our missions of excellence in the education of future nurses, collaborating with staff to maintain our PCMH designation, and supporting the clinic in other ways that improve our productivity.
The LPN will also participate in our Parkinson’s Disease Clinic, other patient related QI activities and must be flexible with schedule to meet the needs of the NMPCC Clinic.
- Daily temperature logs for testing areas and vaccine refrigerator.
- Weekly testing of glucometer and urine testing strips. Monthly testing of Pregnancy strips.
- Weekly Vaccine Inventory including destroying of expired vaccines; communicate updates regarding expired vaccines including expiration dates and lot numbers.
- Ensure all rooms are open and stocked for the day prior to the first appointment of the day.
- Bring patients back for NPs and obtain a full set of vitals including height and weight; input all the data into the computer as well as CAGE, PHQ9, and GAD7.
- Review and forward refill requests to the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center and follow up with patients when necessary.
- Review lab/diagnostic test results. Contact patients with normal lab and/or diagnostic test results.
- Merge CCDA from Intergy to NextGEN.
- Review and merge immunizations history from Intergy to NextGEN and update any new immunizations for patients.
- Maintain inventory of house stock and pharmaceutical samples, removing any expired medications.
- Twice a month check all biohazard cans and sharps boxes. Properly dispose of materials safely as per protocols.
- Assist front desk staff in answering phones and taking messages from voicemail with appropriate follow up.
- Assist NPs with patients whenever possible and administer any vaccines and therapeutic injections.
- Assist RN Care Coordinator with patient follow ups as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program.
- Active DE LPN licensure required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- 3+ years recent nursing experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend