Decision Support Analyst
Job no: 499561
College / VP Area: Stategic Budget & Finance
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general direction of the Asst VP, Decision Support and Analysis, the Decision Support Analyst will provide support to projects and initiatives designed to inform strategic and operational decisions by leadership in the areas of resource planning, allocation, and management.
Sets own work priorities and exercises independent judgement and problem-solving skills in making decisions concerning data analysis and recommendations. Supports the development, maintenance, and usage of decision support systems and provides analysis of business information to support strategic planning, analysis, reporting, monitoring, long-range planning, and other decision-making activities.
- Collect and analyze data for use in making decisions regarding programs and services, policy making, resource allocations, and other processes requiring data analysis.
- Produce quality data that supports the information and knowledge needs of the university to improve operational performance, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Assists with ensuring efficient data collection, modifying, and implementing appropriate data collection tools and maintaining current and comprehensive knowledge of data collection.
- Provides data used for strategic planning, decision making and prioritization of these activities.
- Supports the expanding data, information, knowledge, needs to achieve performance improvements.
- Compares data from a variety of sources to ensure accuracy using judgement and relying on knowledge of subject material.
- Assist with creation and implementation of more efficient processes, standard operating policies, and procedures.
- Help curate reports and dashboards, ensuring data products uphold appropriate levels of confidentiality and privacy commensurate with data set.
- Create, generate, analyze, and explain reports using a variety of data sources.
- Assist with developing unit-level planning tools.
- Part of team tasked to develop and implement major systems and applications.
- Normalize and validate data.
- Review data models and dashboards for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of higher education administrative data and previous higher education experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing a variety of research methods and strategics to collect, analyze and report assessment data for quantitative and qualitative processes.
- Experience in using technology systems, software, and databases. Experience with SQL preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills. Has the ability to tackle problems logically and make a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, especially with regards to sensitive and confidential personnel or organizational matters.
- Able to learn independently and work effectively with a wide range of data. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing data systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, define tasks, and follow through is essential, as is the ability to fully document in writing all developmental activity related to information reporting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent oral and written skills.
- Effective listener, able to distill complex data and information requirements from a wide range of requesters into responsive data and information products.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend