Assistant Director, Marketing & Engagement
Job no: 497352
Work type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of the Job:
The Assistant Director, Marketing and Engagement at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the department mission of 'Inspiring Excellence Together.' The purpose of the Marketing and Engagement team is to connect and inspire the Delaware Athletics and Recreation community through engagement initiatives, creative content and event experiences with a focus on a deep understanding of the University of Delaware brand and its traditions.
Under the general direction of the Associate AD, Marketing and Engagement, the Assistant Director, Marketing and Engagement executes a wide variety of broadly based marketing and promotions activities for Delaware Athletics and Recreation Services (inclusive of the UD Ice Arenas and Outdoor Pool). Additionally, this position will assist with marketing efforts for the Bob Carpenter Center external events. This position will assist with experiences and attendance of the University of Delaware faculty/staff and students at athletic events and successfully positioning/enhancing the Delaware brand. Successful execution of this role will result in increased support for Blue Hens Athletics teams, improved overall attendance at events and increased school spirit. As well as, result in increased usage of recreation buildings and increased revenue through ticket sales.
Marketing, Game Presentation & Engagement
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for various intercollegiate athletics programs, for the purpose of encouraging increased attendance and revenue generation.
- Responsible for the execution of planned assets that include but are not limited to emails, social graphics, signage, and printed promotional items.
- Assist the Marketing and Engagement team with the execution of marketing strategies for football and men's and women's basketball for the purpose of encouraging increased renewal retention, attendance and revenues.
- Assist in creating, planning, and executing a diverse marketing strategy for the Carpenter Sports Building, UD Ice Arenas, Outdoor Pool and Recreation Services - directed at students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members (where applicable).
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for select outside events at the Bob Carpenter Center (concerts, family shows, etc.). Perform market research and creates feedback mechanisms (surveys, etc.) Implement a weekly, monthly, and annual strategies for web and social media engagement of all recreational programming and team sport activity (club sports and intramurals)
- Partner with the UD Office of Communication and Marketing and UD Intercollegiate Athletics multimedia to ensure consistency of branding and messaging both departmentally and university wide.
- Communicate with vendors for the production of promotional goods and materials.
- Maintain assigned budget records for components of marketing programs, including reconciliation of monthly statements; may assist with budget preparation and analysis.
- Assist the Marketing and Engagement team with coordination of UD spirit programs, Marching Band, recognitions, IMG promotions and contests.
- Assist Delaware Athletics campus outreach with focus on faculty/staff, student groups, student committees and student body with an emphasis on increasing campus engagement and attendance.
- Create unique and exciting experiences such as Gameday 101, Pep Rallies, Blue Hen Fridays, student-athlete panels and other activations to enhance spirit visibility across campus.
- Work closely with the Future Hens Club (kids club) experiences and outreach.
- Oversee the execution of the script for spirit teams, IMG promotions and recognitions.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Sports Management, Recreation Administration or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook Insights, HTML, Final Cut, InDesign, and Photoshop is desired.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs that support the Athletic Department mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple patrons in a positive and productive manner while maintaining integrity and adhering to the compliance rules of the NCAA and University of Delaware Athletic Department.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively determine when information needs to be advanced to other decision makers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, with the ability to effectively adapt and be flexible.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a positive, team-oriented environment. Strong commitment to the student experience.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors and notable public figures and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Exceptional ability to work in a networked way, emphasizing collaboration in a complex environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
- Ability to travel is required for this role.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend