Administrative Assistant III, Accounting & MIS Department, Lerner College
Job no: 497015
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Assists the graduate program directors and provides administrative support to the faculty of the Accounting & Management Information Systems Department.
- Provides departmental level administrative support to the graduate programs while working closely with the faculty directors. Serves as liaison between graduate students and graduate directors.
- Serves as point of contact for the graduate programs.
- Serves as the HR Liaison for the graduate programs.
- Coordinates and responds to program requirements, curriculum planning, admissions, policies and procedures and graduation.
- Monitors/tracks progress toward degree completion and graduation.
- Constructs and analyzes reports for the program directors to make informed decisions.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of problems regarding the graduate students.
- Prepares forms containing confidential information regarding finances/academics.
- Analyzes and certifies accuracy on forms and obtains signatures to meet deadlines.
- Graduate Assistantships
- Identifies graduate student funding opportunities and faculty needs.
- Ensures graduate assistants budget is not exceeded.
- Assist in assigning graduate students to faculty.
- Coordinates the timely processing of hiring/termination documents.
- Composes communications to prospective, admitted and matriculated graduate students.
- Maintain and update student records and files.
- Register graduate students for classes and resolve registering issues.
- Ensures compliance of graduate program requirements.
- Ensures accuracy for the college and graduate college websites.
- Assign appropriate academic advisor upon admittance to the graduate program.
- Develops recommendations to improve processes.
- Administrative support for the department.
- Allocation of credit card charges.
- Oversees department’s inventory and supply ordering.
- Develop and maintain contacts with internal and external constituents related to award sponsorship.
- Invoices accounting firms for awards.
- Ensures scholarship awards are allocated correctly.
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, and three to five years of experience.
- Intermediate to advanced level administrative skills.
- Proficient computing skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to compose correspondence; proofread and edit documents.
- Knowledge of academic and administrative programs, policies and procedures; knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
- Exceptional communication skills with faculty, students, staff and visitors.
- Independently identifies and solves problems with appropriate action quickly.
- Excellent organizational, time management and program coordination skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend