Assistant Director, Broadcast/Multimedia Specialist
Job no: 496834
Work type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 29E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Multimedia Specialist, at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of ;Inspiring Greatness Together. Under the general direction of the Assistant AD of Video & Multimedia Production, the Multimedia Specialist Streaming Production will drive the streaming production and broadcast content on behalf of the University of Delaware's Division of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services. This position will be charged with increasing Delaware's video streaming online across our 21 varsity sports, cheer, and various recreation and club services and will oversee a team of student interns. The Multimedia Specialist Streaming Production will be in charge of executing the digital streaming strategy and aiding in the broadcast production for the External Relations area in Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services. The Multimedia Specialist will work closely across the External relations staff, including with the Social Media & Digital Content Director and marketing team, as well with various contacts inside the unit (coaches, administrators and staff) and outside the unit (vendors, partners, businesses, Alumni, Development, OCM, UMS, and parallel staff members at other intuitions). The incumbent will work to serve all 21 sports as fully as possible and to manage staffing, production and run of show for all streams and support oversight and logistical preparation for broadcast production by outside vendor. While their primary focus is streaming, this position should be able to creatively and proactively help ideate story angles and features in collaboration with the communications team as needed.
90% - Work with the Assistant AD for Video and Multimedia to develop, staff and oversee a streaming schedule for sporting events, press events, selection shows and other special events, etc.
- Schedule and create streaming events on streaming provider back end as well as in other outlets as needed.
- Directs, produces and coordinates the stream productions of sporting events, press events, selection shows and other special events, etc.
- Proactively troubleshoot when issues arise. Develop and implement graphics package for streaming productions
- With the aid of the Asst AD for Video and Multimedia help to train student workers to run the differing positions of a stream production. Positions including: camera, graphics, replay, directing, etc.
- Schedule student workers to help fill positions needed for streaming events.
- Take an active role in increasing volume and quality of our streams to provide a top caliber product to our fans. Help to create highlights of events and then distribute to CAA schools, website, social media channels, local media, and media requests.
- Work with UMS to integrate broadcast features into their equipment when teaming with them for broadcasts.
- Aid in managing the multimedia office environment and storage for expensive and sensitive video equipment such as cameras, computers, software and cables.
- Keep an understanding of current broadcasting trends and styles and help share this knowledge with the Hens All Access team.
- Ensures compliance with all laws and NCAA regulations governing promotion of student-athletes as well as internal Delaware rules and regulations on video distribution/ usage.
- Coordinates with necessary parties to ensure that sponsor elements are properly obtained and activated during streaming broadcasts.
- Creatively think of new broadcasting ideas to help support the creative visions of the External department. Actively stay up to date with new broadcast equipment being brought to market
10% - Miscellaneous
- May occasionally support storytelling and other production needs pending other duties and staffing.
- Helps proactively maintain and support all video archiving efforts. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Helps serve as video liaison between Delaware Athletics and the CAA for various streaming and broadcast opportunities.
- Bachelors degree and one to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Audio/Visual Communications, Design, Production or Journalism preferred.
- Experience with live event production.
- Interest in and knowledge of athletics and the university environment. Experience working with and helping manage student interns.
- Proficiency with video production software including Adobe Creative Suite Experience with live production process, camera operation, different camera and lens types, proper filming techniques, microphones, and production switching equipment Strong knowledge of current and emergent audio/video technologies, web architecture, online design and live streaming, multimedia communications and video production.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, proactive, energetic, creative and positive.
- Effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Independent judgment and self-motivation are needed for this position.
- Ability to work independently, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to comply with NCAA regulations and to work extended hours beyond the typical business day, nights and weekends throughout the academic year, as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend