Laboratory Education Coordinator, Medical and Molecular Sciences
Job no: 496816
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29E
Context of Job:
The Department of Medical and Molecular Sciences at the University of Delaware invites applications for a full-time Laboratory Coordinator I (Laboratory Education Coordinator) position in a fast-paced dynamic department offering academic programs in the clinical, biomedical and pre-health sciences. The successful candidate is expected to excel at teaching and mentoring students who are broadly diverse regarding race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Laboratory course instruction
- Administration and grading of assessments and assignments, preparing specimens and other materials needed for laboratory teaching sessions
- Preparing written materials for laboratory courses in clinical chemistry, hematology, body fluid analysis and other disciplines as needed.
- Maintains laboratory instrumentation
- Orders supplies
- Cultivates relationships with clinical affiliates, industry partners¿ Recommends new instrumentation for student instruction
- Bachelor's degree, certification in clinical laboratory science from a nationally recognized agency
- Minimum of two years¿ experience in laboratory medicine
- Clinical teaching skills preferred
- Experience in immunohematology (blood banking), immunology/serology, phlebotomy and/or clinical chemistry preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Clinical experience in two or more of the following is required: clinical chemistry, hematology, and body fluid analysis/urinalysis
- Experience in other disciplines including immunohematology, immunology/serology, molecular diagnostics, and/or phlebotomy is a plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend