Limited Term Researcher, Biological Sciences (Shao Lab)
Job no: 496707
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Context of the Job:
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator, the Limited Term Researcher will participate in research to identify mechanisms underlying reward related behaviors. A wide range of experiments involving behavioral, molecular, genetic, and biochemical approaches in fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster will be carried out. The Limited Term Researcher will maintain a notebook describing experimental methods and results, participate in research discussions, and interpret research results.
- Maintains fruit fly stocks and laboratory protocols.
- Maintains an inventory of lab supplies and equipment, reorders lab supplies, and tracks new orders of equipment and supplies.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research using fruit flies.
- Complies with Department of Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA, and biohazard safety standards and promotes workplace safety.
- Participates in laboratory meetings and presents scientific projects at departmental and national meetings.
- Successful candidate will be expected to exhibit individual initiative, work independently.
- Be technically proficient and accurate.
- Effectively communicate in both written reports and presentations.
- Initiate and ensure compliance with applicable safety procedures; and possess attention to detail.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend