Job no: 496532
Work type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of Job:
The Multimedia Coordinator at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of 'Inspiring Greatness Together.' The Multimedia Coordinator reports to the Assistant Athletic Director, Video and Multimedia, and is responsible the post-production of video and multimedia services providing internal and external content. The Multimedia Coordinator is responsible for assisting in creative content and direction for web, social media, recruiting and in-house video production related to The University of Delaware Athletics and Recreation Services.
- Drive storytelling video and multimedia content for distribution across bluehens.com, social media, newsletters, in-game digital displays and in other venues.
- Oversee the production and development of social media video content, including hype pieces, behind-the-scenes features, and video reports.
- Work in tandem with the communications team to collaboratively ideate creative storytelling angles and content ideas that are modern, timely and promote the Delaware Athletics brand.
- Provide coverage of all major events video from a storytelling perspective, including Fandemonium, Season Kick-Offs, Future Hens Club events, National Signing Days, Donor events, as well as team outreach efforts in the community.
- Create, produce and post video features, including conducting on-camera interviews and athletic-related video series such as coaches shows.
- Support the development of athletics broadcast and stream commercial spots.
- Coordinate with corporate sales department to help execute online deliverables for corporate partners as well as with Athletics Development on promotion and coverage of events.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Creative Services to create new ideas to build brand awareness and exposure across our digital channels via storytelling content.
- Gather footage from Hens' home events and practices for use in videos.
- Help edit photography and audio for use on BlueHens.com and social network sites.
- Collaborate with marketing department in the use of digital, social and other new media to advertise ticket promotions, events or other applicable happenings.
- Help distribute event highlights and recaps to regional media outlets for use in broadcasts to help Delaware Athletics gain exposure and awareness.
- Collaborate with the Assistant AD to recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate video production staff, including three paid content interns as well as unpaid student volunteers.
- Help proactively maintain and support all video archiving efforts. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in post-production, preferably in athletics.
- Feature & hype video editing experience.
- Videography experience including knowledge and understanding of cinematic camera use for promotional and internal video.
- Non-Linear editing experience with Adobe Premier.
- Knowledge of computer/server components, both internal and external, and how they work in a controlled network setting.
- Knowledge of professional camera equipment and how to use them for post-production highlights.
- Ability to work on a broadcast truck in a variety of positions, from director/producer to replay and camera operation.
- Knowledge of various post-production software, edit styles, music and how to use them to promote, inspire, motivate and educate the team, staff and the general public with those videos.
- Strong people skills in order to staff, organize and train workforce to communicate and work as an effective team during practice and games with an emphasis on being proper ambassadors both home and away from the university.
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues and film trade.
REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
In order to be considered for this position, you must also include a link to a demo reel and/or any live directed broadcasts that you have created, directed and/or produced.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend