Patient Service Representative II, Physical Therapy Clinic
Job no: 496512
Work type: Staff
Categories: Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general supervision, provides clinical secretarial and administrative duties. Serves as initial contact with Physical Therapy Clinic patients seeking healthcare services via the phone and in-person. Exercises appropriate judgment in assessing patients needs and schedules patients appointments with healthcare providers in the Physical Therapy Clinic. Maintains compliance with HIPAA rules at all times. A member of the Physical Therapy Clinic team who is able to multi-task easily and assume various non-clinical responsibilities as needed within the Physical Therapy Clinic.
- Interacts in a respectful and welcoming manner on the phone or in person to everyone
- Uses the electronic health record (EHR) system independently and proficiently for patient scheduling and billing functions as assigned
- Operates a multi-line telephone system
- Documents phone and verbal messages and delivers messages to staff and healthcare providers in a timely manner
- Assists healthcare providers and staff in coordinating care for patients
- Prepares patient files each day for appointments
- Maintains-prints-modifies-distributes daily patient schedules to Physical Therapy Clinic providers
- Schedules referral appointments as requested by Physical Therapy Clinic providers
- Collects and processes payments via cash, check, and credit card handling
- Processes all incoming office mail and packages
- When directed, sends copies of medical records via a secure modality
- Mails and faxes documents as directed
- Enters data into Excel spreadsheets and other electronic data base software
- Monitors and documents office and clinical supplies inventory
- Performs other miscellaneous office jobs as assigned
- Delegates responsibilities such as answering phones and greeting patients as appropriate to work-study undergraduate students
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, with two to three years of clerical experience involving public contact.
- Medical/clinical office program training, previous experience with electronic medical record software, knowledge of medical terminology, ability to interpret medical records and previous patient interaction preferred.
- Requires advanced computer skills including email and word processing
- Requires high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Requires sensitivity to the needs of others and the ability to maintain good public relations and communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and unpleasant sights
- May encounter emotionally upset patients and visitors
- Required travel to other campus locations
- Current working status is hybrid with working from home and in the office
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend