Program Manager, DISI
Job no: 496013
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time, Program/Project Management
Pay Grade: 31E
Context of the Job:
The Program Manager – Delaware Innovation Space will be a key leader for driving the on-going development of our science-based business accelerator and related business building programs and competitions along with coordinating part-time and volunteer experts to maximize their impact. The Program Manager will be seconded from the University of Delaware to the Delaware Innovation Space and be on the leadership team of the Delaware Innovation Space and will receive day to day and overall strategic guidance from the CEO/President of DISI as part of that organization as well as administratively from the Research Office for UD specific matters.
• Coordinate program offers for our business accelerator with related start-up business building programs and competitions as part of the Delaware Innovation Space.
• Provide leadership for the First Fund investment program and coordination of the evaluation of applicants and due diligence conducted by the team of Entrepreneur in Residence as well as other functional experts.
• Coordinate activities of the team of Entrepreneurs in Residence at the Delaware Innovation Space and facilitate their engagement with our current residential clients as well as clients in the accelerator program.
• Organize external events at the Delaware Innovation Space and coordinate appropriate resources to support and execute each event in collaboration with the full Delaware Innovation Space team.
• Collaborate with the CEO on meetings and calls with the Entrepreneurial Advisory Council and summarizing key learnings and actions.
• Be a strong team member of the Delaware Innovation Space Leadership Team and work collaboratively across the organization to enable all goals to be met or exceeded.
• Stay in strong sync with the needs of current and future clients of Delaware Innovation Space and partner with other organizations to deliver first in class science based business accelerator programs in both modules or immersion experiences.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the CEO of the Delaware Innovation Space.
• Bachelor's degree in a science and engineering or related field and at least five years of related experience in business development, startup companies, program development & execution, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or other higher education experience strongly preferred.
• Strong passion and drive for being part of an entrepreneurial community and non-profit organization that is driving the change the world through creation and growth of new science based startups.
• Ability to be highly flexible in scope of their role and tactics associated with the role.
• Ability to get the job done with strong focus on core values such as safety, valuing people, strong ethics, respect for the environment, and a value and drive for a diverse workplace.
• Evidence of leadership and experience in initiation, development, and delivery of business acceleration programs.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, and execute events and programs. Program planning and implementation skills.
• Knowledge of the broader entrepreneurial and business accelerator landscape across the United States.
• Commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce and work environment.
• Ability to effectively represent the Delaware Innovation Space within the research and business community across the United States and potentially overseas.
• Knowledge of the University of Delaware, DuPont, and experience with the broader entrepreneurial and business accelerator landscape across the United States.
• Ability to plan and evaluate programs. Program planning and implementation skills.
• Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
• Strong strategic planning skills with ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to conceive, develop and deliver presentations and training sessions.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend