Operations Processing Associate
Job no: 494753
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the Job:
Under the limited supervision of the Director of Financial Aid Operations, the Operations Processor has the primary responsibility to process and complete transactions to enable the application of over $200 million in financial aid to students and families. The Processor is responsible to perform verification according to federal guidelines, process federal and private educational loans, assist students in FWS placement and payroll submission, scholarship processing, attend training sessions, complete self-training when appropriate, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Analyzes cases selected for verification and approves and/or adjusts budgets/awards using established regulations and policies.
- Process professional judgement/FAFSA appeal requests initiated by students
- Monitor, review and clear C-Flag Issues.
- Monitor reports to ensure federal regulations with regard to Selective Service, Home Land Security, SSA, & Veterans Administration.
- Rectify reconciliation issues identified by Cash and Quality Controls Unit.
- Monitor credit overrides from COD.
- Process Private loan applications. Certify and process all Alternative loans initiated by students/parents. Liaison with lenders on changes of loans status or disbursement issues.
- Process Parent/GRAD PLUS loan applications. Award Provisional unsubsidized loan to Plus denials.
- Process loan requests for reductions, cancellations, additional amounts while ensuring compliance with Federal Regulations.
- Create/update relationship records for all Parent PLUS Loan applicants.
- Process award requests for Delaware and Federal Work-Study Program.
- Coordinates the operational processing of scholarships; specifically the liaison with departments on those scholarships they assist with administering to ensure proper awarding/disbursement/reporting within scheduled timeframe.
- Completing Consortium Agreement to process aid for students enrolling at other institutions
- Post outside scholarship checks as student awards
- Initiate process to return any funds to outside agencies as needed
- Works with state agencies on enrollment verification to ensure students are eligible for state funding
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and three years related experience.
- Experience working with Title IV federal financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of financial aid programs and policies.
- Knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions and judgments.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and high level of integrity.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents on a variety of financial aid topics.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and university laws, guidelines and procedures in the areas of financial aid, loans, and scholarships desired.
- Working knowledge of NOLIJ, MS-office, PeopleSoft processing systems, NSLDS, FOTW, COD and other federal systems.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend