Facilities Services Coordinator
Job no: 494743
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the Job:
The Delaware Biotechnology Institute (DBI) is an interdisciplinary research unit at the University of Delaware. The vision is to create a better future through leadership in life science research. The DBI supports life science research and development activities and works in partnerships with other institutions in the region. The DBI fosters an inclusive, collaborative and cutting–edge research environment, encourages innovation and technology transfer, and supports ground-breaking discoveries to benefit the environment, agriculture, and human health. DBI staff will be committed to being proactive in solving problems, serving the needs of the faculty, staff and research programs that rely on DBI, and to performing all duties efficiently, with careful attention to detail, and with priority on issues that support the Institute's mission. Primary responsibilities will be at the Delaware Technology Park, 15 Innovation Way with occasional support needed at the Ammon Pinizzotto Biopharmaceutical Innovation Center.
- Keeps the autoclaves functioning safely and reliably.
- Provides service and/or program preparations according to specifications.
- Assists in operational aspects of events or services from initial setup through cleanup.
- Facilitates and supports access and use of shared spaces and resources.
- Assists with non-technical maintenance of shared equipment.
- Assures a clean and safe work environment in shared instrument spaces.
- Performs routine scheduled building walk-throughs, addresses or reports requests for service as appropriate.
- Responds to non-technical inquiries and requests for service; resolves operational problems.
- Monitors and ensures quality control. Monitors digital help-ticket response system for quality and timely response. Throughout course of duties remains vigilant for signs of wear, lapses in standard for housekeeping, safety, security, efficiency and hospitality by DBI/University staff.
- Opens, secures and/or closes building. Helps maintain a safe and secure building.
- Assists our HVAC technician with minor building repairs.
- Delivers and unpacks equipment.
- Changes liquid nitrogen dewars and other compressed gases.
- Assists/escorts visitors and service providers as needed.
- Supports Lab Coat service program needs of residents. Serves as primary point of contact for laboratory coat services. Coordinates and communicates service policy, procedures and events with appropriate building residents.
- Maintains and delivers safety/waste collection supplies for research and instructional labs when required.
- Supports and enforces safety policies and a safe and efficient work environment.
- Performs building orientation for visitors and new residents.
- Under coordination and direction of Building Manager, responds to requests for help and service from building residents.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and two to three years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic mechanical aptitude. Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments, analyze and solve problems, and prioritize, plan and organize work.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to private, reliable means of transportation to support two sites on campus.
- Requires the ability to lift and move, with or without assistance, delivery boxes and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must be available during non-business hours to occasionally assist with special department events as assigned.
- Ability to accurately discern colors.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend