Research Associate III, Center for Research in Education and Social Policy
Job no: 494712
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30E
The Center for Research in Education and Social Policy (CRESP) within the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Delaware conducts rigorous research in education, health care, and human services. Studies of school-based educational interventions, community-driven public health efforts and efforts to improve healthcare practice are at the center of CRESP's work. Faculty, research staff, and doctoral students at CRESP share an interest and commitment to collaborative research efforts where practitioners, academic researchers, funders, and policy-makers are able to inform study designs and outcome measures, and mutually benefit from establishing evidence-based practices. CRESP specializes in (a) Evaluation of policies and programs; (b) Randomized controlled field trials, quantitative analyses of large administrative and national databases, longitudinal studies of changes over time that combine data from disparate sources; and (c) Applied policy research investigating public health and educational innovations and interventions, including purposeful use of qualitative methods to promote knowledge of important but difficult to measure characteristics of programs and collaborative partnerships. Under general direction of the Director, the Research Associate III plays a leadership role in project planning, sample recruitment, instrument development, data collection and management, data analyses, and production of reports and manuscripts.
- Develop project plans and strategy.
- Develop and validate interview and survey instruments.
- Develop, implement, and supervise data collection operations.
- Conduct statistical analyses of large-scale data sets.
- Participant outreach / sample recruitment.
- Manage and direct evaluation projects.
- Lead authorship of research reports and academic manuscripts.
- Works closely with Project Directors and Project PIs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and four years of experience on collaborative research studies, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Graduate-level training in applied data analysis and program evaluation preferred.
- Proficiency in data management and analysis platforms (e.g., R, SAS, SQL, STATA, SPSS, nVivo, DeDoose)
- Experience conducting interviews and focus groups
- Experience leading evaluations and managing teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of communication technology platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, Skype, Twitter, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong ethic and commitment to research and evidence-based policy
- Knowledge of and experience within the healthcare industry is a plus
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend