Associate Director, DAR Talent Management, Human Resources
Job no: 494645
Work type: Staff
Categories: Human Resources, Full Time, Development & Alumni Relations
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general direction of the Divisional Director of DAR Talent Management, the Associate Director for Talent Management is responsible for the development and execution of a DAR-wide talent acquisition strategy that provides a competitive advantage in acquiring top fundraising talent. This strategy will include employment branding, customized local, regional and national recruitment plans and engagement opportunities, executive search capability, effective on-boarding while also engaging fundraisers in professional development programming. This position plays a critical role in DAR’s ability to attract and retain candidates, reducing hiring cycle time while filling positions with the best-qualified candidates.
The incumbent will work as a strategic partner with campus constituencies to support diversity and inclusion initiatives and foster productive relationships with candidates, hiring departments, and the University community.
- Integrate talent acquisition plan into an overarching workforce plan to ensure strategic goals related to workforce growth and development are met.
- Understand and contribute to implementation of departmental and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a respectful, inclusive environment that is supportive of diversity.
- Provide mentoring and career development to colleagues to strengthen their capabilities, build functional expertise and foster a collaborative, values-driven team culture of high standards, strong productivity and innovation.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to hiring managers and search committees throughout recruitment cycle and in the establishment of evaluation criteria, and behavioral interviewing resources.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates, develop pools of "want to hire" candidates in advance of need, and maintain regular contact with possible future candidates. Research and leverage new sources for active and passive recruitment.
- Create and/or identify various fundraising training and development initiatives that promote growth and aid in retention of front-line fundraisers.
- Drive and participate in internal and external employment events and fundraising-specific conferences hat build robust passive and active candidate pipelines.
- Screen all candidates by phone or web-based tools while representing DAR as the workplace of choice.
- Partner with hiring managers in the creation and evaluation of 90-day on-boarding plans.
- Distribute follow-up surveys and compiles reports for evaluations of all on-boarding / re-boarding activities.
- Create monthly recruitment, time-to-fill, turnover and retention reports for senior leadership.
- Collaborate with HR Manager with complex staffing, compensation and position analysis reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Previous successful fundraising experience preferred.
- University and Development and Alumni Relations experience desirable.
- Experience in support of a sophisticated talent management program is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of interviewing techniques, recruitment, and selection practices and procedures.
- Effective project management and organizational skills to develop goals and action plans, assess priorities and resource needs, and delegate responsibility.
- Skills associated with conducting needs assessment, providing input on candidate selection, problem solving, effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly skilled in public speaking with ability to speak effectively and articulately in front of a various audiences.
- Competency and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism, flexibility and focus.
- Ability to handle sensitive material and information confidentially while possessing strong attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and initiate new strategies.
- Ability to perform research and use technology tools for analysis of information.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend