Associate Director, Development
Job no: 494563
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30S
Context of the Job:
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for major gift fundraising for the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors for the College. The major emphasis of the position is the solicitation of gifts of $50,000 or more from individuals.
The Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics programs are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Select Lerner College business and accounting programs are accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). The University of Delaware is also designated as a highest research activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation on Higher Education. Positioned at the intersection of teaching excellence and emerging areas of applied business research, the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics continues to attract world-class faculty and to gain global attention.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits individual prospects for the College, with a focus on gifts of $50,000 or higher.
- Engages the Dean, Deputy Dean, Associate Deans, administrators, and faculty, as necessary and appropriate, in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Manages a pool of 150 to 175 prospects and makes 12-15 visits per month. Some of these visits will be done jointly with the Dean, colleagues and other development staff.
- Plans, recommends, and carries out appropriate solicitation strategies; guides individual faculty members when needed within this context. Takes responsibility as liaison with assigned College departments.
- Plans, recommends and carries out strategies for donor cultivation activities and events.
- Coordinates stewardship reports and activities for assigned prospects with appropriate members of the administration and faculty of the College.
- Assists with Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving and College-related activities and events with a major donor component.
- Assists with College marketing initiatives as related to development and assists, where appropriate, in the College’s alumni, public relations, and career services activities.
- Participates in the prospect solicitation clearance tracking process.
- Provides support to the prospect solicitation tracking process.
- Assists with stewardship reports and activities with appropriate members of the administration and faculty of the College.
- Bachelor's degree and four years progressively responsible fundraising job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in college/university major gift fundraising highly desirable.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with prospects and donors.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to participate in cooperative work environment within the Development team and across the University.
- Ability to develop and implement short-and-long-term goals and plans.
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to perform tasks on own initiative, many of which have no precedent.
- Possess strong self-motivation.
- Significant local and domestic travel required.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend