Program Coordinator, University Student Centers
Job no: 494512
Work type: Staff
Categories: Student Affairs & Services, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of the Job:
The University Student Centers (USC) cultivate a vibrant, inclusive, community in which students learn and thrive at the University of Delaware. As part of the Division of Student Life, the Trabant University Center and the Perkins Student Center serve as the social and educational epicenters for the campus, providing vibrant and intentionally planned engagement opportunities that support USCs’ learning outcomes, but also those of the Division of Student Life and the overall educational aims of UD, as articulated by the General Education purposes and objectives.
The USC team affords every student a path to contribute to the campus community and heighten their sense of belonging through on-campus employment opportunities, nationally recognized leadership development programs, over 400 Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and dynamic and engaging campus events and traditions. The unique cross-functional nature of the department, which includes facilities, events, student organizations, and leadership programs, necessitates that each professional staff member pursues cross-unit collaborations and partnerships, as well as assumes some cross-functional duties and roles, such as opening/closing the facility based on event coverage; rotating evening-duty, serving as a professional advisor to RSOs, and providing programmatic support for department and divisional events. Collectively and through collaboration, USC team members play a critical role in actualizing the Division of Student Life mission and vision.
Under the limited supervision of the Assistant Director for Programming, the Program Coordinator provides programming assistance and support to events and large-scale programs including concerts, major festivals, films, trips, cultural events, lectures, and traditional and historic events. Some of the University’s premiere high-profile events include Student Homecoming Week, Parent and Family Weekend Featured Events, Senior Days events, USC Celebrate Series, Trabant Now, Perkins Live, Welcome Weekend Events, and UD on Stage.
- Assist the University Student Centers with planning, producing, and assessing a variety of educational, social, and recreational programs, events and services such as Opening Weekend, Parents and Family Weekend, Senior Days events, USC Celebrates Series, Quizzo, Perkins Live and Trabant Now, the USC Film Series, and other student focused campus-wide events.
- Provide supervision of weekend and evening programs which may include lectures, concerts, performing artists, comedy shows and major campus-wide events.
- Coordinate and facilitate collaborations as appropriate with student groups, Student Life departments, academic departments, graduate students, and the greater community for the purpose of co-sponsorships, assessment, and implementing programs which strengthen campus engagement.
- Provide campus event programming advisement and assistance to University of Delaware’s programming board.
- Provide campus event programming advisement and assistance to major Registered Student Organizations in developing educational and social activities. Oversee program development and mentor student leaders in developing policy awareness and organizational skills.
- Assist with the performance and production aspects of the annual Fall Student Involvement Fair featuring more than 500 student organizations and departments and attracting approximately 6,000 students.
- Assist with assessment and data collection initiatives pertaining to student development and program and event management utilizing Divisional assessment tools (Qualtrics) to ensure learning outcomes are achieved.
- Facilitate student understanding of the financial model of the Trabant University Center and Perkins Student Center and the importance of effective and creative utilization of spaces to promote campus vibrancy.
- Develop positive working relationships and partnerships with other University departments in Student Life, Academic Departments, Athletics, Development and Alumni Relations, UDPD, Risk Management, and Purchasing / Accounting / Business, and Dining Services in the advisement of students and delivery of creative, innovative programs, and large-scale institutional events.
- Ensure compliance with University financial, facilities, and risk management policies and procedures.
- Serve as advisor to general student groups, coordinates and collaborates event efforts among student groups, and assists with event planning.
- Support the work and mission of the Division of Student Life through committees, task forces and special assignments.
- Serve on-call for evening events as part of rotational team to support student staff and provide a new lens and perspective about facility operations, students, events and programs to inform training programs and services.
- Write reports, provide research, and fulfill other projects as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Student Personnel or other higher education job-related discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience in advising campus groups in the programming aspects of major events or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience in the promotion, production, and marketing of campus events.
- Ability to provide direction and guidance in maintaining existing programs.
- Ability to create new activities and events.
- Effective communication and technical skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend events.
- Proven experience in working effectively with diverse constituencies and program interest.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend