ELI Khbrat Program Assistant
Job no: 494502
Work type: Staff
Categories: International and Multicultural Programs, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The English Language Institute (ELI) is a leader in the field of English as a Second Language. With an annual enrollment of over 1,800 students, the ELI offers intensive English programs for degree-seeking students, business professionals, and general English language learners and sponsored academic scholarship programs. The ELI also offers specialized programs in PreMBA, legal English, teacher training, executive English, foreign university study abroad courses, private tutoring, and evening ESL study. The ELI also offers a Conditional Admissions Program (CAP) and a BRIDGE Program to students wishing to improve their academic language and study skills in order pursue their bachelor, master, or doctorate degrees at the University of Delaware and many forms of student learning support (e.g., student support services, bridge mentoring, and cohort instruction) as well as several forms of laboratory classes (e.g., the listening laboratory, pronunciation or grammar clusters, and Self-Access Learning Center modules).
Under general supervision of the Project Director for the “Saudi Arabian Professional Building Leadership for Change through School Immersion for K-12 ESL and Content Teachers” project, this position will manage participant performance records, liaising with the ELI registrar and other departments, as well as program feedback data. This position will also manage project workflow tools and communications across departments and teams, and direct participants to appropriate staff and resources as needed. This temporary full-time benefited position, initially funded through June 30, 2020, has the potential for year-long renewals that are contingent on further sponsored funding of the Khbrat program.
- Work closely with ELI-registrar and Admissions offices to gather and update Khbrat records and maintain databases.
- Take attendance at all Khbrat program meetings, and regularly update participant attendance and performance records for each Khbrat scholar as requested by SACM.
- Create individual progress reports and transcripts for each participant
- Maintain and monitor Khbrat team documents on SLATE, Google Drive, Google feedback forms, H: Drive, Canvas, and physical student files, adjusting access settings as necessary.
- Assist with implementation and communications logistics for classes, seminars, testing sessions, conferences, spring and fall school visits, and other program-related activities.
- Maintain and monitor Khbrat Program Calendars in Google Drive and Canvas
- Take minutes at weekly Khbrat team planning meetings, report progress of Action Points across the team to Khbrat Director as needed.
- Assist with Execution and Analysis of Program Evaluation Surveys, and other Program Documentation
- Assist as needed with program orientation in cooperation with Community Liaison
- Execute and streamline communications for Project Director, CEHD Coordinator and Community Liaison, with campus offices and Khbrat Participants, on Canvas, email and WhatsApp.
- Schedule meetings and appointments for Project Director and Coordinators as needed.
- Provide general information, address and triage day to day program related questions/concerns as needed from Khbrat participant walk-ins and emails.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED with two to three years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in working with international students and professionals in various capacities.
- Timeliness and productivity with work and ability to self-manage and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytic, and interpersonal skills when working with faculty, staff, students, university administrators, alumni, and prospective students and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and Google products.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with the position level.
- Experience with UD platforms such as Canvas, UDSIS, and Slate preferred.
- Experience in an international higher education setting preferred.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for English Language Learners.
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend