Physical Therapist II, Sports and Orthopedic Clinic
Job no: 494487
Work type: Staff
Categories: Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general direction of the Director, the Staff Physical Therapist is involved in direct patient care of patients in the University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic. The position of Staff Physical Therapist is an integral component of the physical therapy clinic and physical therapy department. The incumbent supervises Doctor’s of Physical Therapy students during patient care. The incumbent also has a role in mentoring of junior staff therapists in Residency and Fellowship training. This involves guidance and consultation with direct patient care. The Physical Therapist functions independently when given instruction of academic and clinical needs to be addressed. The incumbent is expected to maintain communication with the department, for administrative and research components as well as communication with the faculty of other physical therapy institutions on issues of clinical education and specialty area development. This position has an administrative component that is related to needed projects including protocol development and the student interaction with the clinic environment. Incumbents also are expected to participate in departmental team and committee work.
• Participate in direct patient-care in the University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic. Evaluates and plans physical therapy program for patients requiring physical therapy. This includes evaluation of muscloskeletal and neuromuscular deficits and the administration of appropriated physical agents, exercise, and manual therapy techniques.
• Clinical mentoring of Doctor of Physical Therapy Students. Directs physical therapy students in the evaluation and treatment of patients. Provides supervised learning and clinical application of physical therapy principles and procedures.
• Mentoring of junior physical therapy staff members in Residency and Fellowship Programs. Provides expertise and clinical direction to junior staff therapists related to treatment diagnosis, intervention and documentation.
• Assists in the administration of project development and implementation in areas of Residency and Fellowship development.
• Communication with other professionals in areas of clinical expertise, education, and professional mentoring. Interact with and educate other therapists in areas of clinical education and expertise at the local and/or national level.
• Participation in scholarly activities such as protocol development and presentations of clinical research.
• Contribute to the academic and research mission of the department through teaching in the academic program and participation in the clinical research endeavors.
• Contribute to the academic and research mission of the department and clinic through community education and service.
• Entry level or transitional Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy and eligibility for licensure in Delaware. Residency training and two years clinical experience.
• Clinical teaching is preferred.
• Eligible for Board certification by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties in area of expertise. Board certification is preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of basic computer software including document preparation and presentation software preferred.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend