Executive Director of Student Financial Services
Job no: 494467
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 34E
Context of the Job:
Under the general direction of the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Executive Director of Student Financial Services will serve as a key strategist in leveraging data and analysis to enhance achieving the university’s enrollment goals and improving services and effectiveness. The Executive Director of Student Financial Services is responsible for the management and administration of the Student Financial Aid Office and its functions, including but not limited to accounting operations, budget preparation, preparation of Federal, state and district reports, maintenance of Federal fund budgetary controls and regulatory compliance, and the delivery of funds and services to students. The Executive Director of Student Financial Services maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulations governing student aid programs.
The Executive Director will identify and lead efforts, in collaboration with the Director of Admissions, the University Registrar, colleges, student life, and other campus partners to coordinate and integrate university-wide financial aid policies, processes and procedures. The Executive Director will utilize evidence-based practices and data to drive constant financial aid assessment and improvement and take student success and operational effectiveness to the next level of excellence.
The Executive Director will serve as a key member of the Enrollment Management Team, and will collaborate closely with the VP of Enrollment Management, Admissions, Finance, Budget and key leadership in setting an aid leveraging model to best meet the University goals of each entering class. Including estimating and managing the aid budget, award communication and packaging processes accordingly. The Executive Director will also partner with the Vice President to review, assess, and refine policies and processes used to recruit, enroll, and retain students. The Executive Director will develop positive and productive working relationships with an array of units including Development, Admissions, Graduate and Professional Continuing Education, Residence Life, Dining Services, and IT to ensure the proper collaboration of shared goals.
The Executive Director will exercise a high level of independent judgment and self-direction to identify and lead new financial aid initiatives that focuses on divisional objectives and their alignment with the University's long-range strategic plan.
The Executive Director of Student Financial Services has the primary responsibility for coordinating student financial services and operations across the Division of Enrollment Management to promote student success and ensure operational effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and oversight of Student Financial Services; with supervision of the Director of Financial Aid and Director of Service and Communications, effective management of the University’s financial aid and bursar functions while ensuring department compliance with University, state, and federal policies and procedures across all units. The unit has responsibility for servicing over 23,000 students per year and administering the University’s scholarship, grant, student employment, student billing, loan which includes billing and collecting over $600,000 in student receivables, including over $250 million in financial aid.
- Continuous improvement and integration of the latest financial aid technology into the service and operations of the Division. Participate in Shared IT Governance on behalf of the Division of Enrollment Management and facilitate a comprehensive strategy around technology innovation to enhance operational and service effectiveness.
- Monitor Budget and Aid Leveraging strategies: Oversight of operational institutional budgets, and facilitate and work with key leadership on the budgeting our strategic leveraging of aid to meet university goals.
- Oversee professional development of both self and team and other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with eight years of related experience in higher education leadership, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in predictive modeling and financial aid leveraging.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trends in higher education, enrollment management and student financial aid.
- Evidence of leadership in the development and execution of innovative strategies optimizing institutional resources; including re-engineering operations and procedures, and recommending and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently manage multiple tasks, with preferred experience managing a multiple unit department.
- Employee development and performance management skills, with preferred experience to provide professional leadership in short- and long-range strategic planning and activities.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient public speaking, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- High level of critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to diversity issues in the delivery of programs and services.
- Ability to utilize technology in the delivery of services and to work cooperatively with campus leaders, faculty, staff, and students across a variety of units and divisions.
- Experience participating in national professional associations preferred.
- Analytical skills and proficiency with report writing, data analysis, querying, and other reporting tools, Excel, Access, and Cognos preferred.
- ERP experience preferably with PeopleSoft and/or related product.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend