Associate AD, Football Operations/Manager, Football Operations
Job no: 500055
College / VP Area: Athletics & Recreation Svcs
Work type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Manager, Football Operations/Associate Athletic Director AD of Football Operations at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Athletics, Community and Campus Recreation (DACCR), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of “Achieving Excellence Together.”
The Manager, Football Operations/Associate Athletic Director AD of Football Operations reports to the Head Football Coach. The incumbent serves as the liaison for football to a variety of internal and external areas for the purpose of coordinating arrangements. This position works in a creative and collaborative team environment where change is embraced, and innovation is encouraged. They will be directly responsible for the Director, Football Creative Services, Assistant Director of Operations, 2 Quality Control staff and Operations Interns. They will also work with a team of support staff to create efficient and effective practices within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Service and ensuring the football operations are in compliance with University of Delaware, CAA, and NCAA regulations.
The Manager, Football Operations/Associate Athletic Director AD of Football Operations must support the athletics department’s vision of providing an excellent student-athlete experience surrounding all aspects of student-athlete support services. The incumbent will work collaboratively and unified with all support staff disciplines encompassing Health, Wellness, and Sports Performance and Student Development; including, but not limited to, Team Physicians, Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment Operations, Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Student Services and Student-Athlete Development Staff.
- Supervises football support staff of Director, Football Creative Services, and Assistant Director of Operations, Quality Control (2), and Operations Interns.
- Develops, manages, and monitors the football program budget.
- In partnership with the Head Coach and compliance, coordinates and monitors the roster and allocation of football scholarships
- Oversees the expense, reimbursement, and invoice process and reconciliation for coaches, staff, and team.
- Partners with the business office to continue to update operational policies and procedures for team travel.
- Participates in Athletics Operations staff meetings to represent football in the planning and implementation of department wide operations policies.
- Ensures football program follows all state, University, and department policies.
- Oversight for all Video related responsibilities and activities.
- Coordinates administrative procedures associated with the operation of an NCAA FCS- football program. Includes serving as liaison for football to various entities, both within and outside of the department, such as in the areas of operations and grounds-related needs, and equipment.
- Serves as Football liaison with Compliance, ensures the football operations follow CAA and NCAA regulations and violations are reported.
- Keeps abreast of new regulations and relates or translates information as it pertains to football operations.
- Serves as Football Liaison with Student Services, working in partnership with Head Coach and Sport Administrator
- presents academic issues or concerns with student-athletes to the Head Coach and Sport Administrator.
- develops leadership and culture programming as appropriate.
- Serves as Football Liaison with Sports Performance and is a CARE team member.
- Game manager for home football contests, plans for game-day official’s payments, and serves as liaison to Associate AD for Events and Operations.
- Coordinates with Event Management staff for NCAA FCS Football Championship, home, post-season contests, when applicable.
- Partner with external relations team on communications, marketing, creative services and ticketing for football program.
- Oversees football software and technology strategy in partnership with business operations and IT team.
- Liaison for Student Success
- Partners with Head Coach, Recruiting Coordinator and Senior Associate AD on strategy and execution for high school and transfer recruitment
- Creates evaluation tool for recruiting experiences, summarizes results and makes recommendations for improvement
- Provides on-site support for on-campus recruiting functions.
Oversight for all team, coaches, and staff travel, this includes but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinates all aspects of team travel to include airline and hotel reservations, meals, and buses.
- Sets logistics for team travel to and from facilities. Includes serving as on-site travel coordinator for off-campus activities.
- Serves as point of contact between vendors and teams.
- Negotiates rates with vendors and find partnerships, where necessary, creating consistency and efficiencies within the department.
- Works with coaches to assist with creation and distribution of itineraries, supporting documents and communication for travel logistics.
- Establishes a detailed itinerary outlining travel plans for both home and away games.
- Bachelor's degree and four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing and leading people, this includes setting objectives and evaluation of people.
- Experience in athletics administration, football operations and/or coaching football at a highly competitive level.
- Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans and handling emergencies when necessary. Ability to develop and initiate new strategies
- Detail- and results-oriented, highly organized, in possession of strong anticipatory instincts with excellent follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with a diverse constituency and effectively develop relationships that enhance overall departmental goals.
- Experience working with budgets, tracking budgetary expenditures, providing budgetary controls and manage contract negotiations.
- Contribute to an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athletes.
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with the university community, alumni, media, and the public.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google programs and Docs.
- Responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, CAA Conference and NCAA.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
- This position will require a flexible work schedule based on events including evenings, weekends and holiday. Travel will be required.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend