Job no: 499861
College / VP Area: Strategic Budget & Finance
Work type: Staff
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time, Strategic Budget & Finance
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general supervision, performs skilled technical work in large bindery/printing operation. The principal emphasis is on operating paper cutter, folders, twenty station collator, perfect binder, stuffer/inserter, and any other job-related hand labor needed to perform daily task. Performs routine maintenance, in-house mechanical repairs, and adjustments to the bindery equipment. Maintains and inventories paper storage in warehouse.
- Operates paper cutter.
- Operates large and tabletop folders.
- Operates twenty station collators.
- Operates perfect binder.
- Makes necessary sizing adjustments and determines grain flow of paper stock for bindery purposes.
- Assists in sign finishing when required.
- Prepares paper for offset/digital print production.
- Fills out work orders to record amounts and time to produce job etc.
- Perform QC checks on production before releasing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with three years' experience in bindery/offset press operation.
- Technical judgment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with all types of bindery equipment, ink, paper stock and other tools of the trade.
- Basic math skills necessary for accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, follow written and oral instructions.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
- Requires the ability to lift, with or without assistance, up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to accurately discern job specs and troubleshoot related problems.
- Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend