Limited Term Researcher, Agriculture Research/Education
Job no: 497228
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time, Extension and Outreach
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
This Limited Term Researcher will join a USDA-NIFA Extension Implementation Program. This is a state-wide project with a multidisciplinary team (entomology, weed science, plant pathology, agronomy, horticulture) moving adoption of integrated pest management (IPM) forward to address economically important pest issues.
- Assist with on-farm surveys of agronomic and vegetable pests, demonstration plots, coordinating field operations with partner-farmers, and provide supervision and direction to seasonal labor.
- Engage in high tunnel IPM for small farms and the maintenance of insect monitoring programs in fresh market and processing vegetables.
- Master's degree or equivalent in entomology, agronomy, horticulture, plant science or pest management is preferred.
- Must have a driver's license and be able to obtain a Delaware Pesticide Applicator's License.
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors during the summer months.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and software is preferred, along with Microsoft Word, Excel, or equivalent program.
- Understanding of crop production and pest management is expected.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend