PeopleSoft Technical Lead
Job no: 497153
College / VP Area: Vice President for IT
Work type: Staff
Categories: Information Technology, Full Time
Pay Grade: 31S/32S
Context of the Job:
The Enterprise Systems & Cloud Services (ESCS) unit in Information Technologies supports the University’s central computing systems which include enterprise class client/server, data storage and retrieval systems, web, and learning management, e-mail servers, the enterprise systems (human resources, student information, and financials), central databases, reporting, and fundraising systems. The unit is responsible for the development of new and improved campus business practices and processes and the support of core business and information systems that are critical to the University’s strategic plan and the institutional mission. Support is also provided for enterprise architecture, business intelligence and analytics, cloud strategy, identity access management, mobile applications, and workflow and document management, and for the institution wide web-based information services that support the core business systems.
The Enterprise Systems group in Enterprise Systems & Cloud Services supports the enterprise systems of the University which include the Human Resources, Student Information, and Financials systems in addition to central database, reporting, and fundraising systems. Staff are responsible for the development of new and improved campus business practices and the support of core business systems that are critical to the University’s strategic plan and the institutional mission.
The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead I act as the lead Systems Specialists in the ESCS. The Systems Specialists implement software development life cycle methodologies to enhance the University’s PeopleSoft Student Information System. Support includes development and customizations of applications and internal/external interfaces, maintenance, troubleshooting, production support and developing and writing queries for users. The incumbent works with users, PeopleSoft consultants, and other IT staff to prepare functional and technical requirements for application design and technical solutions. The incumbent provides off-hour, on-call production support of the core business system applications.
- The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead l role leads the implementation of software development life cycle methodologies to enhance the University’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS) system and provides primary support for admissions, student records, student financials, financial aid, and student and faculty self-service. Work includes planning, requirement analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, maintenance, and documentation in accordance with IT-MIS policies and standards to enhance.
- The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead ll role leads the implementation of software development life cycle methodologies to enhance the University’s PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) systems and provides primary support for recruitment, payroll and benefits of employees. Work includes planning, requirement analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, maintenance and documentation in accordance with IT-MIS policies and standards to enhance.
- Manages multiple projects and supports multiple critical applications. Assists more junior Applications Programmers with solutions to complex problems.
- Maintains PeopleSoft ERP systems. Applies, tests, and deploys tax updates, bundles, patches, fixes and maintenance packs released by PeopleSoft on a periodic basis using PeopleSoft change assistant, data mover, compare reports, system and database audit reports and release notes. Improves performance of PeopleSoft batch programs, reports and online pages using techniques like SQL tuning, database indexes, hints, statistics and explain plans.
- Plans, upgrades, and deploys new PeopleTools versions and PeopleSoft application versions using PeopleSoft upgrade assistant, fit-gap analysis, data conversion, system and database audits, performance & integration testing.
- Tests programs to ensure they work properly and to determine that programs meet client needs. Corrects any problems encountered during testing. Develops statistical analysis and develops metrics/reports/data analysis using PeopleSoft Query/Cognos reporting tools.
- The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead l coordinates work to develop, test, deploy and document PeopleSoft custom or delivered batch programs to interface with internal systems like PeopleSoft CS, HR and Financials modules with external systems including NOLIJ, PTCAS, Hobsons, National Student Clearing House, NCAA, and state and federal systems using PeopleTools integration technologies like integration broker, sqr process, application engine process, file layouts, component interfaces and UNIX shell scripting.
- The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead ll coordinates work to develop, test, deploy and document PeopleSoft custom or delivered batch programs to interface with internal systems like PeopleSoft HR, CS, and Financials modules with external systems including but not limited to Workforce, PageUp, TIAA, and state & federal systems using PeopleTools integration technologies like integration broker, sqr process, application engine process, file layouts, component interfaces and UNIX shell scripting.
- Leads and/or acts as key member of team and provides production support for the student system and maintains the daily production schedule of PeopleSoft systems. Analyzes and resolves production incidents. Works with users and production control staff regarding schedule and problem resolution.
- Provides on call support for PeopleSoft systems. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to UDIT policies and with users to determine their needs. Assists staff as needed.
- Consults with users to determine needs, clarify issues, define problems, develop specifications, and recommend solutions. Keeps clients updated on project status. Leads project meetings to discuss project problems and issues. Develops (SQR) reports and (PS) queries for users. Trains users and assist with help-line support.
- Re-engineers business functions by evaluating requests for service, reviews policies, procedures, and workflows to ensure that the best systems are implemented.
- Leads the process to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex data processing problems and user data entry errors and coordinates problem resolution and testing with other programmers, users, and units.
- Knowledgeable about the many central business systems and interface applications of the institution. Learns a variety of languages, operating systems, security procedures and utilities. Remains current with latest technologies. Participates (and may lead) in internal and external training programs.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with colleagues and users and follow University policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Ensures conformance to standards and quality control. Acts as mentor to new employees in group.
- Performs job-related duties as assigned.
- The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead l requires a Bachelor's degree and five years of related work experience(experience such as a PeopleSoft Analyst/Developer, Systems/Applications Analyst/Developer, etc.) or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business is preferred.
- Experience with relevant PeopleSoft modules, and PeopleTools core technologies (i.e., PeopleCode, Application designer, Application Engine, Component Interfaces, Workflow, Integration Broker, and File Layouts), PeopleSoft reporting technologies (i.e. PS Query, and SQR,); and PeopleSoft Upgrade/Change Assistant.
- Experience with techniques such as SQL tuning, database indexes, hints, statistics and explain plans, fit-gap analysis, data conversion, system and database audits, and performance and integration testing, to perform the required duties.
- Ability to specify, write and develop computer programs using a range of programming languages.
- Ability to plan, design, develop, implement, test, and modify applications and external application interfaces to meet specified needs.
- Proficiency with database design.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct application problems.
- Analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a working knowledge of business systems principles.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
In addition to the above, the ERP & Cloud Systems Lead II requires:
- The ERP & Cloud Systems Lead ll requires a Bachelor's degree and eight or more years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is required preferably in higher education or comparable service-focused computing environment.
- Strong experience with project management.
- Strong programming skills.
- Ability to coordinate and integrate computer systems development, enhancement and modifications from an overall information services perspective.
- Ability to evaluate and assess proposals for technical merit, cost effectiveness and business application; to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff; to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Requires employee development and performance management skills and knowledge of current technological developments/trends.
- Requires knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures; business practices and procedures.
- Requires skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures and in the utilization of organizational management principles, methods, and techniques.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend