Classroom Assistant Preschool/School Age
Job no: 497093
College / VP Area: College of Educ & Human Dev
Work type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Trainers & Educators
Pay Grade: 25N
Context of the Job:
Under the general supervision of the Director and the Classroom Teacher, helps to conduct the educational program of the Early Learning Center (ELC). The principal emphasis is on providing support to the classroom teacher in implementing an educational program.
- Assist in developing, preparing, and implementing program;
- Assist with classroom management;
- Assume teacher responsibilities temporarily when s/he is temporarily out of the classroom;
- Observes and documents children and provides feedback to teachers / parents / guardians;
- Participates in ELC staff meetings, in-service training, and parent/guardian conferences;
- Maintain materials and equipment for ELC;
- Assist in ensuring program compliance with state licensing requirements and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation;
- Follow health and safety policies and practice universal precautions and infection control;
- Assist in field research, pre-service experiences, and community collaboration;
- Practice confidentiality in all matters related to staff and families as well as proprietary information regarding the operation of the ELC;
- Comply with ELC Departmental Policies;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School diploma (or GED) and CDA and six months experience working with children or Associates Degree and 6 months experience working with children, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires basic computer skills, basic math, reading and written language skills, demonstrated human relations skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
- Requires compliance with Delacare regulations including applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have prior experience and meet requirements for Office of Child Care Licensing Assistant Teacher Certificate.
- Successful completion of criminal background check, child protection and adult abuse registry checks, health examination and TB test.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend