Sr HRIS Analyst, Office of Human Resources
Job no: 496726
Work type: Staff
Categories: Human Resources, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30S
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under limited direction of the Payroll Systems Manager, the Sr Payroll Systems Analyst provides functional and technical guidance for the Payroll PeopleSoft HCM modules, Web Forms, Web Views, the UD WorkForce, Windstar, and any additional systems which will impact the Payroll Offices which the entire University community relies on for pay, benefits and employee time collection. The Sr Payroll Systems Analyst supports the technical needs of all Payroll systems, acting as a liaison between end users and technical resources to resolve daily production issues, create reports, develop enhancements, and implement new systems. Ensures the integrity of the data and is responsible for automating and enhancing business processes to make Payroll more efficient and effective.
The Sr Payroll Systems Analyst must develop and maintain strong professional relationships with all Payroll user groups, with Information Technology departments and with the greater University community. These strong relationships allow the Sr Payroll Systems Analyst the resources to resolve production issues, create reports, develop enhancements, and implement new systems for the entire University community. Additionally, the Sr Payroll Systems Analyst position provides training and process documentation as required.
- In collaboration with users evaluates the functional work requirements and recommends solutions for automating and enhancing business processes. Challenges current practices and where appropriate, proposes more efficient and effective alternatives.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems in PeopleSoft HCM, Web Forms, Web Views, UD WorkForce and Windstar.
- Understands the impact of, anticipates, plans, creates test scenarios, and troubleshoots issues resulting from enhancements, configuration changes or system fixes.
- Develops written technical requirements for the Informational Technology staff when implementing a new system, enhancing an existing system, creating reports, or addressing production issues.
- Collaborate with application programmers and database administrators daily to develop or enhance systems and to troubleshoot production problems.
- Tests new systems, enhancements, and production fixes by developing test cases that mirror the functional work or writing ad hoc queries which requires a thorough understanding of the functional process and data.
- Communicates with IT staff the results of the testing and determines if further programming is needed.
- Verifies that all programming changes for new systems, enhancements, reports, or fixes are placed into production and work appropriately in that environment.
- Keeps the department apprised of the enhancements and fixes that impact their area such as the Foreign National Coordinator for changes needed for Windstar.
- Creates documentation and trains the functional users on features and/or changes.
- Prioritizes the enhancements and fixes that are needed for a particular problem. This is crucial when there is a shortage of time and resources.
- Prioritizes all tasks and assignments that are required when implementing a new system, creating enhancements for an existing system and a large volume of production fixes.
- Collaborates with other University project teams, e.g., financials and student administration, to ensure that data integrity and timeliness needs are met and that system interfaces are properly specified and tested.
- Develops and enhances reports to verify the accuracy and integrity of all system data and to support information needs of the Payroll staff and other University end users.
- Develops and maintains written documentation of all Payroll systems, applications and web projects including modifications, enhancements, problems, interfaces, data dictionary maintenance, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Functional and technical HRMS experience, preferably with PeopleSoft HCM version 8+ and related products preferred.
- Functional and technical experience in a time and attendance system preferred.
- Proficiency with report writing, data analysis, querying, and other reporting tools, e.g., SQL/SQR, Crystal, Excel, Access.
- Broad knowledge of applications and equipment, as well as proficiency in the application of systems design and analysis methods, procedures, and standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as experience in developing and conducting training for end users.
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support.
- Extensive knowledge of all Payroll functions as well as extensive knowledge of PRIS applications and software.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to manage requirements and work with a team of functional and technical staff.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and quality conscious.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Proven ability to offer technical solutions and designs to solve business problems.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend