Administrative Assistant II, Agriculture Research/Education
Job no: 496587
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The University of Delaware Research and Education Center serves as the experiment station and county extension office for southern Delaware in Sussex County. This facility provides the setting for applied research in many areas coupled with the dissemination of these results and additional information to Sussex County residents as well as to the state and region.Under general supervision of the Accounting Assistant, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the 4-H program and Master Gardener program on a county and state level. A high level of independent judgment is required.
- Support the 4-H program on a state and county level (State Camp, State Leaders Forum, State Teen Conference, Younger Member Fall Retreat, Junior Leader Weekend, Younger Member Weekend, farm tour, day camps and various other state and county promotions). Provide customer service support for inquiries, general information, club reports, forms, registrations, copying, mailings, filing, project book requests, collections of funds for deposit (for 4-H activities), and purchase insurance.
- Provide guidance to volunteers, clientele, and miscellaneous wage employees.
- Work within Google Doc Forms, Google Registration, etc.
- Work within the University’s IDloom program
- Use of UD calendar events
- Maintain, review, and analyze data for the Sussex County 4-H Access database/Federal ES-237. Utilize queries and SQL to extract specific data and/or to mass input data. Remind and follow-up with extension staff regarding providing data that impacts federal funding for reporting.
- Produce calendars, brochures, flyers, agendas, certificates, PowerPoint presentations, and letters. Assist with design presentations, create posters, mounting, trimming, framing, upload/maintain photographs to Flickr on 4-H webpage.
- Prepare forms, newsletters, and update documents for upload to 4-H webpage; BER's, financials, review monthly accounting statement against any respective JV’s, create on-line registration forms using Google Apps for contents and camps.
Extension Horticulture Agent/Master Gardener Program:
- Provide administrative support for Extension Horticulture Agent and Master Gardeners.
- Provide customer service support for inquiries, general information, workshop registrations, activity reports, copying, filing, mailings, expense report, brochures, deposit of funds, bank account maintenance, monthly distribution of newsletter and minutes, create on-line registration forms using Google Apps for workshops, general correspondence, print and laminate 500+ signs for demonstration garden.
- High School diploma or GED and two to three years of experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the 4-H and Master Gardener programs preferred.
- Understanding of UD's policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to use basic techniques in spreadsheet, database, presentation software (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.) as well as Microsoft Outlook.
- Customer service experience: the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in basic graphic design preferred
- Ability to design newsletters and brochures.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend