Post Doctoral Researcher, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Job no: 496558
Work type: Staff
Categories: Engineering, Full Time
Post Doc Researcher – Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Deadline: Open until filled
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available in the laboratory of and under the Direction of Prof. Norman Wagner, Robert L. Pigford Chaired Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Delaware for collaborative work with scientists at Eli Lilly on project: Spontaneous phase separation, emulsification, and colloidal stability of acylated peptides
- The candidate will be expected to conduct experimental research on the physical characterization of solution properties of acylated peptides in various formulations.
- The project requires molecular modeling and application of principles of molecular thermodynamics of complex fluids for design and analysis of experiments.
- The research includes the design and execution of experiments including neutron scattering methods.
- The position includes limited administrative duties associated with sponsoring organization reporting requirements, including travel to the sponsoring agency for reporting and research activities, as well as writing beamline research proposals.
- Collaborative work with industrial and government scientists, as well as graduate and undergraduate students is required. This can include traveling to national laboratories in the U.S. and abroad for experiments.
Highly motivated postdoctoral researcher sought to work on fundamental scientific problems of direct relevance to the pharma and biopharma industries. PhD in experimental biochemistry, chemical and biomolecular engineering, physics (biophysics), or related field with experience in handling surfactants and biological molecules, and in scattering (light, neutron and/or x-ray) and standard biophysical characterization methods. Some facility with molecular modeling/simulation methods is desired. Project requires collaborative work with industrial research scientists, including site visits and regular project report preparation.
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
The position is available immediately, is for one year and is renewable, including benefits and a competitive salary based on qualifications. The starting date is negotiable.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend