Systems Analyst, Student Financial Services
Job no: 495962
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30S
Context of the Job:
Under the limited direction of the Director, the Systems Analyst is responsible for facilitating optimal unit performance to align the University's vision and strategies. Under constantly changing conditions this position must design, develop, and implement technical solutions across a large number of departments that impact the success of the billing, cash management, financial aid, and customer service needs to achieve optimum operational results. The Systems Analyst supports the technical needs of Student Financial Services in regards to all aspects of the UDSIS and Financial modules, including acting as a liaison between end users and technical resources to resolve daily production issues. Ensures the integrity of data in the modules and establishes proper system setup processes, develops improved methods, processes, and/or technologies for business process and efficiency improvements. Additionally the Systems Analyst's role provides training and process documentation as required, assists in the reconciliation of system data and accounts, and develops and supports the departments reporting needs with query and/or Cognos. The position is responsible for providing functionally oriented technical support and statistical/metrics analysis to meet a wide range of informational requirements for the Department.
- Responsible for facilitating optimal unit performance to align the University's vision and strategies.
- Oversees system set-up and processes for both billing and financial aid functionality.
- Coordinates major activities across multiple levels and departments across campus (Registrar, Housing, Dining, Graduate, academic deptartments, etc.) that affect the billing, cash management, financial aid, and customer service needs to achieve optimum operational results.
- Participates in reconciliation and audit procedures. Collaborates with MIS to resolve problems and implement changes.
- Develops and administers, in consultation with the Director, strategic, more efficient business processes department-wide, utilizing the UDSIS and Financial systems by analyzing and conducting needs assessment for future enhancements and functional improvements to benefit students and departments.
- Assists Director in developing technology plans including programming requirements, priorities, and the implementation/testing of new modules.
- Coordinates with Information Technology Programmer Analysts on the use of the UDSIS and Financial systems. Resolves problems and seeks assistance from IT, when necessary, to resolve more complex issues, including system set-up issues, update/patch changes, and configuration control as they relate to Student Financial Services.
- Develops statistical analysis and metrics/reports/data analysis using PeopleSoft Query/Cognos reporting tools as needed. Identifies, develops, and provides metrics and reporting to inform and support the business needs of management.
- Resolves daily production issues that occur by working with internal staff within all units of Student Financial Services to ensure timely awarding, authorization, and disbursement of all state, federal, and institutional financial aid.
- Enhances existing applications in compliance with specifications and standards, reviews and revises previously written specification and requirements documentation. Provides training and orientation on system processes and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and runs the University's 1098T process in response to the Tax Reform Act of 1997. Stays abreast of current legislation affecting the reporting requirements of the Act and remains alert to required changes to University procedures to ensure compliance.
- Provides web and internet support through SFS portal development.
- Remains current in the fields of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures, particularly those related to University finances and helps establish, direct, and enforce polices and regulations of Student Financial Services.
- Maintains professional membership with user groups such as HEUG, and listservs dedicated to processing issues inherent in the system.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a job-related discipline and four years’ functional and technical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, especially Campus Solutions preferred.
- Proficiency with report writing, data analysis, querying, and other reporting
- tools, e.g., SQL/SQR, NVision, Crystal, Excel, Access, Cognos.
- Broad knowledge of applications and equipment, as well as proficiency in the application of systems design and analysis methods, procedures and standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing and conducting training for end users.
- Proven ability to offer technical solutions and designs to solve business problems.
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support.
- Ability to analyze complex data and apply statistical principles and processes to meet a range of informational requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under changing conditions, work independently, make administrative and procedural decisions, and work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to manage requirements and work with a team of functional and technical staff.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and quality conscious.
- Effective time management, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations and compliance issues which effect the overall department, including but not limited to, state and federal laws governing student financial aid, billing and collection services preferred.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend