Business Analyst, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Research Office
Job no: 494828
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Research & Laboratory, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Mission of the Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP) is to (1) develop social and economic value from UD’s knowledge-based assets by advancing UD’s intellectual property, inventions and technologies from the laboratory to the market place through partnerships and collaborations, (2) promote innovation and entrepreneurship within and without the University community and (3) provide leadership in the creation and growth of small businesses in Delaware.
The Delaware Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a unit of OEIP. Its mission is to strengthen Delaware’s economic base by providing quality management assistance, education programs and resources to Delaware’s business community.
Under the general direction of the Manager, SBDC, the Business Analyst is responsible to provide advice and guidance to assist traditional and technology-based companies with business startup, operations, and/or growth.
- Deliver business development advising and technical assistance to early-stage, high potential traditional and technology-based businesses in areas of digital business technology solutions and cyber security.
- Use SBDC curriculums and tools to create and deliver trainings and workshops on such topics as business start-up, cyber security, and SBIR/STTR, etc.
- Participate in the development of program content to be offered to companies as assistance for the businesses to scale e.g. E-marketing, Data Assured™, SBIResource™, etc
- Assist clients in identifying and deploying integrated digital business technology solutions and systems related to marketing, website design/management, e-commerce/POS, accounting/bookkeeping, customer relationship management (CRM), data management/analytics, and cybersecurity.
- Provide direct technical assistance to pre-venture and established small business clients in the research and development of: business plans; marketing strategies; operations management plans; financial/cash flow projections; financing, grant, or loan proposals; and other related business development requirements.
- Consult with small business clients to understand their needs and identify/recommend appropriate solutions to their technical, digital and management challenges.
- Participate in outreach activities on behalf of the SBDC to market the business development and technology assistance capabilities of the SBDC to the internal and external community.
- Ensure timely submission of all case management data and outcomes necessary for required reporting to stakeholders, particularly success stories for publicity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, MIS, or related field and three years of experience in business management or business consulting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of cyber security concepts and best practices; direct experience in cyber security, preferred.
- Broad, working IT knowledge with a focus on small business information technology systems, tools, and software related to: digital/social media marketing, website design/management, data management/analytics, and business operations.
- Ability to grasp technology business (i.e. SBIR/STTR) concepts; existing knowledge or experience, preferred.
- Ability to identify, research, and understand platforms/tools to help small businesses automate, integrate, and simplify business processes and workflow.
- Strong analytical, consultative, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people in a diverse environment.
- Self-starter with a great deal of resourcefulness.
- Ability to manage time effectively and to work independently or with others.
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend