Administrative Assistant III, Animal and Food Sciences
Job no: 494529
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under limited supervision of the Business Administrator II, the Administrative Assistant III serves as the financial processor in Department of Animal and Food Sciences (ANFS). The principal emphasis of the position is to administer the Department¿s purchasing cards, ensure proper allocation of expenditures, and assist with post-award contract and grant administration. A high level of sound judgment, initiative, attention to detail, and organizational skills are required to be successful in this position
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Concur and purchasing cards. Assist new employees with requesting cards. Provide training to faculty, students and staff on the policies and procedures governing the use of purchasing cards. Attend training sessions provided by Procurement and communicate updates/changes to cardholders.
- Administer purchasing cards and oversee the proper allocation of purchasing card transactions. Independently approve expenditures and reimbursements, ensuring availability of funds, accuracy of supporting documentation, and compliance with university policies and procedures. Ensure that rules of the Fly America Act are followed for researchers engaged in foreign travel, including international participants of training grants.
- Assist with post-award contract and grant administration. Monitor project budgets, extract data from UD financial systems, review expenditures and ensure compliance, execute corrective journal vouchers to reallocate expenditures, and assist with the preparation of project closeout reports as necessary. Compile monthly financial reports and spending projections.
- Serve as timekeeper for the Department’s miscellaneous wage employees and student workers. Monitor, verify, and approve hours so that all bi-weekly payroll deadlines are met. Troubleshoot and resolve pay issues. Ensure compliance with ACA regulations. Archive timesheets appropriately.
- Conduct onboarding for non-benefitted employees ensuring that required documentation is completed and submitted to HR in a timely manner. Submit hiring notification for criminal background checks.
- Provide administrative support to assigned group of faculty and researchers. Assist in providing back-up support in the office as needed.
- Execute various webforms in support of departmental functions (cash transmittals, POs, Payments to Individual/Vendor, journal vouchers, work orders, etc.).
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate degree preferred.
- Knowledge of University systems (UDataGlance, HRMS, PeopleSoft, Concur) and policies and procedures preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of contracts and grants administration preferred.
- High level of initiative, motivation, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently while meeting strict deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend