Graduate Admissions Assistant II
Job no: 500556
College / VP Area: Graduate College
Work type: Staff
Categories: Admissions, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Director of Graduate Admissions & Enrollment and working in tandem with other members of the Graduate Admissions staff, the Graduate Admissions Assistant is responsible for processing more than 11,000 graduate applications received annually. The Graduate Admissions Assistant provides guidance to departmental graduate program faculty directors, administrative staff, prospective students, and applicants to the University of Delaware. The Graduate Admissions Assistant helps to ensure that departmental admission recommendations adhere to both program-level and University-level admission requirements and policies prior to Graduate College’s final action on a student’s admission or rejection.
- Maintain program-level and University-wide graduate admissions standards, requirements, and policies, including recruitment, retention, and diversity priorities.
- Provide guidance to departmental faculty directors and administrative staff on graduate admissions standards, requirements, policies, and priorities as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of program-level information in the online graduate recruitment and admissions system.
- Ensure that a student’s data in the online application system has been successfully and correctly uploaded into the PeopleSoft student information system at the end of each admission cycle (annually, bi-annually, or every 7 weeks, depending on the program).
- Evaluate and verify academic credentials of domestic and international applicants.
- Provide support and training to departmental graduate administrative staff and faculty regarding all international educational systems required documents (following AACRAOs international education standards guidelines), U.S. bachelor’s and master’s degree equivalencies.
- Provide accurate, timely and customer-focused responses to applicants, as well as to faculty and administrators from other institutions submitting letters of recommendation for applicants, departmental faculty, and staff. This includes responding to electronic messages and phone calls to the Graduate Admissions Office and maintaining chatbot or other technologies used for communication with applicants and other stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient and timely transmission of information and documents to applicants, newly matriculated graduate students, and other university offices that help support the graduate admissions process; efficient and timely coordination with the English Language Institute and the International Student & Scholar Services on international admissions documents pertaining to immigration status is especially important.
- Work closely with the Manager of Graduate Service Operations to assist in the build out, user permissioning and regular maintenance of data upload process of records into the University’s CRM system (Slate).
- Assist with the management and exchange of applicant data from various outside application systems to the University of Delaware application platform.
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management experience with proven techniques and metrics implemented to achieve desired goals/outcomes.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in word processing, spreadsheet, database, web authoring and/or presentation software.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage projects effectively.
- Knowledge and experience with effective practices of office management.
- Strong organizational skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a positive approach towards learning new systems or technologies.
- Experience with Slate and PeopleSoft preferred.
- Documented successful experience in administering admissions processes for graduate/professional school programs preferred.
- Experience with evaluation of foreign applicant credentials preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend