Job no: 500521
College / VP Area: Facilities/Real Estate/Aux Svc
Work type: AFSCME
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision, performs room set up in the Trabant Student Center and the Perkins Student Center, routine building cleaning tasks and related work as required.
Examples of Work:
1. Follows written directions to perform required room set ups in the Trabant and Perkins Student Centers. This includes breaking down the current set up, vacuuming the carpet, removing trash, cleaning chairs and tables, setting up the room in the requested fashion including setting up stages.
2. Sets up rooms for conferences; arranges classrooms and conference meeting rooms.
3. Cleans and services restrooms/showers according to standards; scrubs and cleans fixtures, manually clears drain surface area; keeps restrooms supplied with paper products and other designated supplies.
4. Moves furniture, equipment and miscellaneous equipment as directed.
5. Operates snow removal equipment; removes snow and ice to include but not limited to; sweeps, shovels, and/or blows snow from steps, ramps, and walks surrounding building entrances and connecting walks.
6. Cleans, renovates, and renews floor surface finishes; vacuums, sweeps, mops, scrubs, buffs, refinishes, and floors and other surfaces.
7. Cleans carpets and upholstered furniture; operates shampoo machines and furniture cleaning equipment.
8. Assists in removing unwanted pests/animals from buildings by opening windows and propping doors open, etc.
9. Removes, washes, and hangs venetian blinds, drapes and shower/dressing curtains.
10. Replaces over-head lights.
11. Reports maintenance deficiencies in a timely manner (equipment repair and/or replacement) in assigned work area.
12. Removes bulk trash and recyclable products using mechanical equipment when necessary.
13. Cleans ranges, refrigerators, and microwaves.
14. Sets up rooms for conferences; arranges classrooms and conference meeting rooms.
15. Makes beds as assigned.
16. Washes interior and exterior windows.
17. Maintains areas adjacent to buildings; sweeps outside steps, stairs, landings, and walks; cleans window well and door well drains.
18. Locks and unlocks interior and exterior doors to classrooms, lecture rooms, offices, residence halls, conference facilities, and buildings.
19. Cleans and services furniture and fixtures (including light diffusers, screens, and vents).
20. Sweeps, dust mops, vacuums, wet mops, scrubs and washes downs bleachers, seats, and walkways; applies anti-static cleaner to seats.
21. Vacuums carpet and spot cleans where needed.
22. Enters hours worked in Time and Attendance computer program for payroll purposes.
23. May receive assignments and information by email.
24. May be a group leader.
25. Cleans and maintains custodial supply areas and equipment.
26. Operates and cleans laundry equipment.
27. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Environmental Factors/Occupational Exposures: The employee primarily works indoors. Occasionally performs duties outside in extreme heat or cold conditions, as well as conditions that are wet/humid, dry, and during times when temperatures are below 32F for more than one-hour periods. Environment may frequently include dust and/or airborne particles and occasionally loud noise, chemicals, gases, exposure to bloodborne pathogens, fumes, and vibration. For this reason, employee may be required to wear designated personal protective equipment to include, but not limited to, ANSI-approved safety eyewear, gloves, hearing protection, dust mask, and footwear to prevent exposure to hazardous materials, noise, dust and/or airborne particles. The employee may be required to bend, squat, stretch and/or stand for prolonged periods of times. Requires the ability to climb and descend 12' ladders and work above floor level including from 32-ft. aerial lifts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires a high school diploma or GED.
• A minimum of 1-year related experience preferred.
• Requires some knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment and the ability to read, understand, and follow work related instructions, including safety procedures and directions on mixing chemicals, and work rules and ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Requires interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Employee is required to wear a clean and neat University-purchased uniform and project a professional appearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend