Administrative Assistant, Office of Human Resources
Job no: 499868
College / VP Area: Office of Human Resources
Work type: Staff
Categories: Human Resources, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the Job:
Under general supervision of the HR Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides office management and administrative support for the HR division. Provides intake services, answers general questions, provides standard policy/procedural information, and performs routine problem resolution or referral on matters pertaining to all areas of human resources, including, employment, employee benefits, compensation, and/or employee relations administration. Independent judgment and discretion are required to resolve nonroutine matters.
- Serves as a primary contact to respond to and prioritize human resources matters. Provides information on a variety of human resources functions such as employee benefits procedures and documentation, refers complex issues to subject-matter expert.
- Serves as primary backup to HR Assistant for office coverage and triage. Provides backup and assistance to other Human Resources staff as required.
- Maintains customer-service incident tracking system, ensures proper recording, and disposition of incidents, in accordance with established policies and procedural guidelines.
- Processes assigned transactions including, but not limited to “pay s-contracts”.
- Receives, reviews, and processes documents pertaining to vested pension applications and other benefits enrollment as needed.
- Follows up with department representatives as necessary to ensure resolution of problems involving, incomplete, inaccurate or non-compliant documentation.
- Provide a full range of administrative duties of highly confidential nature on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions. Handles confidential materials and information from senior administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Manage and maintain daily and long-term calendars of assigned leadership.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities, which may include booking meeting space, ordering refreshments and/or coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Process routine financial transactions, manage and reconcile procurement card transactions using Concur, including, but not limited to the handling of reimbursements and travel expenses, and responsible for sign off and gathering of supporting documents for all procurement card transactions.
- Coordinate travel arrangements when requested. Prepare itineraries and supporting materials
- Manage reservation and coordination of shared office spaces within the HR/Strategic Budget & Finance departments.
- Coordinates and orders office supplies for Human Resource staff; maintains office supply database.
- May initiate requests for maintenance and repairs with UD personnel and outside vendors.
- Maintains departmental contact lists.
- Orders and maintains back-up keys for HR staff, suites, and offices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Supports archived file requests, assisting with maintaining personnel files.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of three related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative support practices and procedures.
- Experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgment in keeping with the level of the position.
- Attention to detail skills as well as the ability to interpret University policies and applicable regulations and anticipate, evaluate and take appropriate action to resolve problems that impact service delivery.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment.
- Experience with electronic information systems.
- Ability to utilize databases and spreadsheets as well as intermediate word processing techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
- Requires the ability to routinely move, lift and/or carry objects, with or without assistance of 20 pounds.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend