Digital Content Specialist, Office of Communications & Marketing
Job no: 499820
College / VP Area: Communication & Marketing
Work type: Staff
Categories: Communications & Public Relations, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29E
Context of the Job:
Under the general direction of the Senior Director, Digital Communications in OCM, and with a dotted line to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Digital Content Specialist manages digital communications related to prospective undergraduate students, their parents/guardians and school counselors including but not limited to UD’s main website, the Admissions’ website, central University of Delaware social media channels, search-engine optimization efforts, email marketing and paid social media advertising.
- Maintains the Admissions’ website and relevant pages on UD’s main website, ensuring up-to-date information on the Admissions cycle and events while providing content and a user-experience that appeals to prospective students; works in conjunction with the Admissions team and OCM to create a content calendar and strategy.
- Assists with social media content for prospective students, including the strategic development, management, and content creation of the University’s presence on social media platforms including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Occasionally live-covers events such as open houses, tours and more.
- Works with UD’s colleges and academic units to ensure that prospective-student-focused content is amplified and relevant through managing the Major Finder website, Outcomes website and other applicable channels.
- Communicates and engages with prospective students and inquiries through comments and private messages over social media channels including Facebook and Instagram.
- Works with Admissions and OCM to create paid social media campaigns and ads targeting prospective students and their parents on platforms such as Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, etc.
- Monitors organic search results, optimizing relevant UD websites.
- Works with UD’s Social Media Ambassadors and Blue Hen Ambassadors on social and digital projects aimed at prospective students.
- Consistently monitors the latest trends, top industry competitors and innovations in the digital space to identify opportunities for growth and success to meet enrollment management goals.
- Maintains a content calendar for Admissions-related social media and digital content, keeping key Admissions dates in mind.
- Organizes, evaluates and reports analytics summaries with recommendations and action items for social media channels, the Admissions website and other digital assets as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Writing and editing experience as well as effective web authoring skills and familiarity with a wide range of web applications.
- Well-versed in utilizing content management systems and social media management tools with experience in developing and executing digital content and marketing strategies to align with audience behaviors, goals and key messages to drive engagement.
- Experience in the creation and distribution of email marketing campaigns – particularly focused on the Gen Z audiences – as well as tracking the customer journey.
- Understanding of SEO best practices and implementation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to adapt to brand voice with experience in handling customer service matters on social media.
- Experience with any of the following tools preferred: Slate, Hootsuite Enterprise for social media, Adobe Experience Manager.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond the typical business day, nights and weekends throughout the academic year, when required.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend