Contract Analyst- Strategic Budget & Finance
Job no: 499597
College / VP Area: Strategic Budget & Finance
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Facilities Management, Grants & Contracts, Full Time
Pay Grade: 31E
Context of the Job:
The Facilities & Auxiliary Financial and Administration Department is responsible for the overall financial management and reporting for the University’s Facilities and Auxiliary Services departments/units.
Under the general direction of the Director of Auxiliary Services, the Contract Specialist is responsible for oversight of high-dollar relationships and professional services agreements and negotiation strategies that include optimal targets for pricing and service. This position is responsible for oversight of contract administration including contract management, approval, and compliance, ensuring that all contract activities comply with applicable regulations and guidelines.
This position serves as the contract manager for Facilities & Auxiliary Financial Management Services to various Auxiliary Services units as well as internal and external clients. The Contract Specialist interprets contract details and ensures that all aspects of the financial agreements related to the contracts under their prevue are being conveyed in a manner that supports the directives of University management, minimizes risk to the University, and realizes the total value of the contract for the University. Duties require understanding of GAAP, independent decision making, use of professional judgment, and knowledge of best practices and University policy.
- Manages the contract relationship between various vendors on behalf of Facilities and Auxiliary Services.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Along with the Auxiliary Services Financial Analysts, produces reports to maximize revenues and assist in developing operational metrics as a consolidated unit and at each profit center level.
- Designs and develops operation schedules to gauge contract performance and efficiency.
- In conjunction with University Procurement, develops requests for proposals (RFP), requests for quotes (RFQ), and University Purchase Orders.
- Coordinates, prepares and monitors Purchase Orders for personnel within Auxiliary Services adhering to University budgets, business policies and procedures.
- Maintains and reviews computerized or manual records of purchased items, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements various integrated systems, applications, and procedures for periodic and ad hoc contract reporting, utilizing complex electronic financial information from systems and databases.
- Compiles and analyses financial information against contract terms and develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Undertakes special projects to include special analysis and information reports, recommendations for change and/or improvements, controls, and adherence to budgets.
- Reconciles complex data subsystems to each other and the general ledger or various subledgers, resolve discrepancies, develop future corrective measures, identify, and evaluate risk, provide management with explanations for variances, and communicate ongoing issues with users.
- Monitors and verifies accuracy contract partners receivables, works in conjunction with University Treasurers Office to identify and address bad debt, and initiates appropriate collection actions as warranted.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher education or not for profit institution.
- Ability to query, gather data from multiple sources, compile and analyze information.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis to identify costs, risks, and alternatives; analyze actual revenue and expenses; evaluate and verify information against a set of standards; work independently with procedures or by limited direction; and analyze contract expenditures for compliance with approved terms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheet and database management (Excel/Access). Experience with PeopleSoft and UD Financial systems preferred.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organizational and problem-solving ability.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize work, multi-task and adjust to changing workloads and deadlines.
- Problem-solver and team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend